ZJ Grand Cherokee Fender Flares

Bud

'98 ZJ
I heard there are some pocket-style fender flares out there for Grand's that are similar to the Bushwacker Cut-Out flares, but half the price. Anyone on here know which ones I am looking for?
Bud

Attachments

• bush.jpg
    bush.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 77

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Never seen any pocket-style other than the BWs... Iceland Offroad makes some neat fiberglass ones, but they aren't the pocket-style. Smittybilt maybe?--they are pretty good at knock-offs, and may have some...

Bud

'98 ZJ
I definately don't want the Iceland ones, IMO they are butt ugly. I'll keep looking cause paying 400-500 bucks for the BW ones is more than I want to pay. Maybe I will build some tube ones to kill time, and to allow me to cut out as much fender as I want...

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
I love my Iceland offroad flares.......but i don't think they are ugly at all!. Scraped, banged, smooshed, scratched the crap out of them and they are still holding strong. Even gotin an accicent at 50 mph and all it did was gouge it....nothing a little fiberglass filler couldn't fix. All in all I have been very happy with them....they are a bit pricey though. I'm hopping within the next too weeks to finish my rear bumper and bedline the lower half all the way around.....including the front bumper and fender flares.

Bud

'98 ZJ
Bud, how large of a tire are you trying to cover?

I was thinking a 33", but might as well do the one I want and go 35". Probably BFG KM2's...or maybe finally try some Pitbulls. I want to cut out as much as possible, to lift as little as needed.

Just saw these steel XRC fender flares, and they look like they might actually be proportionate to the cutting I want to do and existing body lines.
http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/43.htm

Attachments

• XRC Fend2.jpg
    XRC Fend2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
  • XRC Fenders.jpg
    XRC Fenders.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
  • XRC Fend3.jpg
    XRC Fend3.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I run rear flaps. But only run 33's when in Moab. Daily driving has 31x10.50 BFG A/T's on the stock wheels, so no need for flares yet. The Iceland off-road ones are very nice and will likely run them once I re-gear and run 35's.

Bud

'98 ZJ
I run rear flaps. But only run 33's when in Moab. Daily driving has 31x10.50 BFG A/T's on the stock wheels, so no need for flares yet. The Iceland off-road ones are very nice and will likely run them once I re-gear and run 35's.

For $400 I will probably make my own. I want flares so I don't get inner fender rub, and I want to remain street-legal. Of course the fender-well cutting I want to do is going to require cutting into the stock bumpers, so those probably won't stay on too well afterwards. We'll see what happens, but it would be cool to have some templates for a set that already has decent lines...