ZJ is hard to start when cold

My wife's 97 ZJ takes a couple tries when first starting in the morning and once in a while after that first drive. She says it lacks power on the freeway, but when I drive it the power seems fine and it responsive. I haven't had it on the freeway yet. Checked the Battery and charging system it checked out fine. Next checked the fuel pressure when the key is moved to the run position the pressure snaps up to 50 psi. The ZJ has the 5.2 V-8. Last week I ran a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner thought it. Anyone have any suggestions?

capt scotty

I had a 97 GC with the 5.2. There is a solenoid that failed in the throttle body. Try to find a Chilton manual. It's been a while but I think it has to do with throttle position it was easy to fix. I just cant remember the name of the part. Hope this helps.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was also thinking filthy throttle body or misadjusted TPS. Mine is a rough runner when the battery goes dead and I have to jump start it, but other than that all of my ZJ's have run just fine in the cold or when they are cold.