ZJ staling issues

Blader83

I have had some issues with my 96 Jeep grand Cherokee limited edition with a v8. Anyways after I turn a corner and press the gass it is almost like it pops out of gear and revs for a second then goes back into gear it only does it for a split second. But really bothers me is when it starts to get lower on fuel when I make a left hand turn it hesitates really badly or even some times dies I have to hurry and turn on my E-flashers and it starts right back up again but when I seem to fill it up it runs fine tell it gets to about a 1/4 of a tank (accept for the reving part it does when I go to excelerate from slowing down or being stoped) I am not to familiar with ZJ's I had a XJ and I have been told it could be a idle sensor? or something like that or would you think it would be more something to do with the fuel pumps I am just curious to see if anyone has had this same or a similar problem and if they had any suggestions.

One_bad_YJ

It could be the TPS, (throttle position sensor) The trans relys on the TPS to tell it alot of info on when to shift, that could be some of the trans issue, or your trans is bad- My XJ trans started slipping really bad, and the TPS fixed it- Now your Zj is a different animal, but you never know

As for the dying issue, It sounds like you have something in your tank that is clogging up the filter when you turn, or something.

My car did that exact thing, as I turned it would act like it was out of fuel for a little bit, and sometimes die, but then it would be fine- It ended up being one of the baffles in my tank had broken, and was floating around, as I turned it was sucking up against the pump, and starving the fuel- I changed teh tank, and it runs like a champ-- You may need to drop the tank, change the sock filter on teh pump, have the tank cleaned and inspected, and put it all back together-

I don't know about your rev proboems....But I know the left turn-low gas thing all too well...I have a '96 with the V8, and had a 97....Both did the same thing....
It's actually quite common on ZJ's, the pickup in the tank is in a terrible spot, even with a pressurized system, when turning left with low fuel it sloshes and you have no fuel for a second or two...SOOO, just keep you gas tank full!!
:)

Blader83

Thank you for the information I am going to see if I can do something about it. I am just afraid that someone is going to rearend me when I turn or I have to make sure there is no traffic and give myself plenty of time to turn if the tank is low