zuk exhaust

str8axleguy

Hello i recently purchased a thorley header and am having my entire exhaust replaced on my 86 sami, any idea's on pipe size for this application? what will be the best performance?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Don't go anything bigger then 2.25. I went with 2 inch I believe, it's been a while. I also have the throley header, and I just did it myself, but I had to have a custom pipe stretched to meet the collector from the header. Any shop should be able to do it.

str8axleguy

i think ill go 2 inch that seems to be sufficient i was just wondering cuz the collector in like 2.5 and that seems way to big for a small displacement 4 cylinder. Any idea on what brand or type of muffler to use?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
RiceTacular brand mufflers are the best. They bump you like 2 hp. :rofl: Just kidding. I run some no name 16 dollar muffler form checker. They all sound like rice anyway might as well be cheap

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
I do exhausts all the time at our shop on Samurai's. One thing I have learned about a wheeling rig is that they take tons of abuse. To avoid any problems with your exhaust and header. Have them put in 2 inch pipe and right ofter the header run a 6 inch flex joint. That way you can basically solid mount the back half of the exhaust and down the road, you won't have problems with a ruined muffler and cracked header. Don't think the muffler is worth spending alot on. Personally I hate noisy mufflers.

Attachments

• August 023.jpg
    August 023.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 12