I decided that I don't need a jeep

chicken77

throttle jockey
Apparently, I need three Jeeps. I picked these up over the weekend.
Jeeps.JPG
I have been looking for a project to build and finally convinced the wife that a Jeep station wagon would be the way to go and she agreed.
Jeep 1957.JPG
Jeep 1958.JPG
The truck just happened to be part of the deal, but it is the coolest of all three.
Jeep truck.JPG
So now the question is, what next?
Do I try to get them running or just tear them down and put a modern chassis under them? Leave them out back for the yellow jackets to live in and cats to fornicate in? Sell two of them to fund the build of the remaining vehicle? Decisions decisions............

Attachments

• Jeep 1957.JPG
    Jeep 1957.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Jeep 1958.JPG
    Jeep 1958.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 35

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
How did you trick your wife into this idea? Drugs?

I like the truck the best, but the blue one definitely looks like the most build worthy candidate. But man, that truck! :cool:

rholbrook

The week after the EJS I saw an old Willis truck body that was grafted onto a modern JKU chassis and interior. Absolutely the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. I spoke to him and he said he bought a totaled JKU and moved it all over. None of these pictures show the attention to detail but this thing was so cool.
E3FE1EDB-3B82-42ED-AED3-26A12DF0B935_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A15813EC-6925-4C1F-841A-CB75C45607F8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

chicken77

throttle jockey
That is beautiful, but I don't think that is in the budget ha ha, I am thinking rat rod the truck and some what rat rod one of the wagons. I am working on getting them titled in my name before I start any serious work. I would hate to get to far in and find out there is a lien from 50 years ago.........

Houndoc

That Willys/JK hybrid is awesome.

A well-restored Willy's wagon has long been at the top of my dream car list, can imagine such a wagon-JKU hybrid would fit the bill perfectly, but take far too many bills to actually do it!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd LOVE that blue wagon. I'd need to purchase an attorney along with it though. I wonder if you could stretch the two rigs to fit on a modern(ish) Dodge/Ram or GM truck frame. Getting good brakes, modern powertrain etc. and then integrate the Dodge/Ram or GM stuff into the vintage interior in a pleasant manner. It'd be a cool rig, much like the above truck

chicken77

throttle jockey
I did get them close to Price, they had been sitting there for quite some time.

I would love to have one running for the Relic Run!

I do have a little experience with GM drive train swaps, so if I swap it would be with a GM power plant.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Definitely relic run.

I had truck like that for a while I still regret not keeping it.

chicken77

throttle jockey
So I have reached my first hurdle, I cannot get an officer of the state to come and verify the vin numbers, I have contacted the Highway patrol, Sandy city police and Unified police. I really do not want to load them up on the trailer and haul them some where just for that. Any one have any suggestions?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thats bogus you can't get an officer to come do a VIN inspection. We used to do those all the time in Murray. What city do you live in?

rholbrook

I have had Kaysville City come do several for me. They just tell me that they will be by when they have a minute. I have never waited more than 30 min.