98 S10 SAS build

timsjeep

98 S10 SAS build - updated!!!

Check out page 4 for Magazine article :)

Finished pics on page 3 of this thread...........

I sold my jeep and needed a new project, so this is it. its a 98 S10 ZR2 that I picked up for nothing because it had a blown motor. Got a junkyard motor and made the swap. The rest is just a bunch of time and patience. Here is the list of upgrades. I will be adding too this list and will post pics as I have time.

Specs:
4.3 vortec v6
4l60E auto
231 tcase (may add a 4:1 if I need the extra gearing)
HP D44, 4:88's, Reid Racing knuckles, locrite, warn hubs
9" big bearing, TrueHi9, 4:88's, ARB
Metalshop Motorsports front SAS kit
BDS 2" leafs
PSC hydro assist
Custom sliders
Custom bumper
Custom front winch bumper
Softopper
Internal cage (winter 2010/11)
SOA rear with stock springs
Raceline 17" wheels
37" Red Krawlers
Lots of trimming

Here is the progress, hope you like. Should be a good little wheeler and great chase truck for next years KOH :)

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

Last edited:

90 cherokee

SWEET! ive been wanting to built a s10 for a while... so on the rear did that come sprung under stock? or did you get different spring to lift it?

timsjeep

SWEET! ive been wanting to built a s10 for a while... so on the rear did that come sprung under stock? or did you get different spring to lift it?

Stock springs in the rear, just dropped the axle down under. Very easy. The Metalshop Motorsports kit that I bought for the front is set up to sit as low as possible and reallly works great with 35", but I wanted to run the 37's so I will have to do more trimming then normal. It looks alot taller then it is in person. I think the roofline sits about 6'-2", not bad really.

Chevycrew

Trying to plan a build for my buddy...

What the ground to frame measurement under the door handle?

Thanks!!! I really like its stance.

timsjeep

Trying to plan a build for my buddy...

What the ground to frame measurement under the door handle?

Thanks!!! I really like its stance.

51" to the bottom of the door handle. Hope it will settle down just a little bit when its all done.

timsjeep

plan on driving on the street?

Yes, I plan to drive it lots. It should be very street worthy. (colorado, no problems :) )

Is that a frame stretch I see there?

Now ya need to change your screenname to TimsS10

No frame stretch, just wire wheeled the hell out of it to get that factory frame paint off. That stuff sucks. I cleaned the entire frame, it has been an exercise in patience.

TimsS10, now that is some funny stuff right there.

timsjeep

I love it!!!! That looks really good!!! I have always liked these S10s. Always thought a short box regular cab or ZR2 blazer would be a cool build! :D

yeah, I have always had a sweet spot for these little trucks. Its really hard to beat the drive train and its a great looking truck as well. I cant wait to be done with it and get it out to moab. 112" wb should make for some fun climbs. :)

timsjeep

This weeks progress was slow. We added a rear truss to the 9" that should provide some real beef. Started the sliders and rear bumper. Trimmed the rear flares to fit the tires. Should have the ring and pinion done tomorrow in the 9". finished the trany cross member and added a crossmember under the engine oil pan that is removable. Hope to have time to start the belly skid this weekend. Pics to come........