100 Pushups

D

Deleted member 12904

Well, I've been going to the gym pretty religiously for the last year and I'm at the point that 100 push-ups isn't that big of a deal now...so mission accomplished for me :D. If anyone wants to come get your ass kicked, I go every morning at 5am :p the gym I go to is in Murray near the trax station.

thats a very impressive level of fitness when 100 consecutive push-ups is no longer a big deal. Nice work!

Tonkaman

Well, I've been going to the gym pretty religiously for the last year and I'm at the point that 100 push-ups isn't that big of a deal now...so mission accomplished for me :D. If anyone wants to come get your ass kicked, I go every morning at 5am :p the gym I go to is in Murray near the trax station.

Good job! The 1 year mark is a tough milestone. After year 1 it just feels wrong to skip the gym

DAA

I'm out. Last year, nerve damage, spinal surgery, blah, blah, blah. .. Been working hard at it for six months can barely do 50 now. Lot better than a year ago but seem to have reached a sticking point. Still can't draw my bow either..

-DAA

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'm in! 20 to start. I am very interested in weight loss, and not too much about muscle gain. Will this program give us weight loss??

also, I like the m/w/f. My wife walks with so e ladies on those mornings. I could do this program without her even knowing. I'll keep my shirt on for the next 6 weeks...

Tonkaman

I'm in! 20 to start. I am very interested in weight loss, and not too much about muscle gain. Will this program give us weight loss??

also, I like the m/w/f. My wife walks with so e ladies on those mornings. I could do this program without her even knowing. I'll keep my shirt on for the next 6 weeks...

Yes but not at the rate you would hope. Any form of resistance training improves your metabolism and sustains that higher level of oxygen rich blood for several hours. I'm also going to start the 200 sit-up and 200 squat challenges tomorrow. Those should help keep my blood rich with oxygen and help to ease me back into fitness.

Caleb

If you want to lose the weight, you need to start with diet. You should be eating a clean lean diet. Cut out the carbs and anything processed. Minimize the red meat you eat (one meal, once a week). You should be eating 5-6 meals a day, every day. I start my days around 3:30 each morning with a protein shake, then I eat breakfast at 7, a snack at 10, lunch around 12-1, another meal around 3-4, dinner around 6-7, and another snack around 8-9 just before I go to bed. In the first 6 months I dropped 50lbs and got down to just under 10% body fat. I've since maintained the same body fat but put on muscle. I'm sitting around 205-210lbs. I'd be happy to share my exact diet if anyone is interested. The one thing you need to keep in mind is food is no longer for enjoyment, it's simply fuel for your body. Doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it, but it's different now. Those that are friends with me on Facebook are probably tired of seeing my posts :)

Workout all you want, but without having a diet squared away, you're going to kill yourself and still not get the results you're looking for.

jeeper

Food is entertainment for me. I eat when I'm bored. I drive a lot, and I sit at a computer a lot. I get bored a lot.
I eat a lot of gas station doughnuts and popcorn.

D

Deleted member 12904

So I do a fitness related podcast. It's been a lot of fun for me and Has really help keep me motivated. The thing we preach is sustainability and consistency. If you can't picture yourself eating the way you are for the rest your life there's no point in doing it because statistically it won't work long-term. We preach a model of flexible dieting or some refer to it as if it fits your macros Iifym. The idea is that it's OK to eat some junk food as long as you can fit it into your protein carbs and fat count for the day. We don't believe America has a weight-loss problem since six out of seven overweight people will lose a substantial amount to weight at one point in their life. America has a weight maintenance problem since of those six out of seven people 95% of them gain the weight back within three years. Very few people want to live the rest of their life thinking of food is just fuel and not enjoying it.

This is obviously just my opinion but I do think that statistics and studies show that anyone can lose a substantial amount of weight but almost nobody keeps it off long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 12904

Dang your looking cut! Congratulations on the podcast that's so cool!! How can I get more details about it?
It's on iTunes and stitcher. Barbell Club is what it's called. Last weeks show was from our booth at the NPC physique show. We are recording today and going to talk about how to do your own weightlifting programming.

Fair warning for anyone though I talk like a normally do so heavy adult language and humor

Tonkaman

Thanks for the invitation, once I'm back into the swing of things I'd love to! As much as I'd love to jump headfirst into my old habits of weight lifting, I have to ease in slow. I have some issue with my right arm so I can't do much strength training until the neurologist gets it figured out.

I just did the 200 sit-up test and got a pathetic 17 before quitting. I also did the 200 squat test and shocked myself with 100 before I stopped. Even more surprising was that I stopped because of the cardio not because my legs were tired. I guess I know my weak spots well enough now to hit them directly.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The app and the website give me different reps to do each day..

So do whichever is tougher. :D

Week 1 Day 1:6/6/4/4/10 today, except that last set was mostly on my knees. And then to make sure I'm damned good and sore tomorrow, I went and did some weights then sorta-jogged up and down the parking garage.

Last edited:

jeeper

W1/D1 8/9/10/8/8.
This is a bad idea. I'm still so sore from Saturday I was shaking when I started today.
I've also been up sick since the early hours.
Now.. On to find something besides a donut for breakfast.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
W1/D1 8/9/10/8/8.
This is a bad idea. I'm still so sore from Saturday I was shaking when I started today.

This gets better, I promise. I was still sore from the pretest when I did my set earlier, and I'm still going to be sore when I do Day Two on Wednesday, but it gets better.

Tonkaman

W1/D1 8/9/10/8/8.
I've also been up sick since the early hours.
Now.. On to find something besides a donut for breakfast.

Your first set is harder than what mine showed on the app. Is that the set shown on the website? Mine was 6/6/4/4/5 but I ended with 16.