Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Week 1 Day 1: 6/6/4/4/10
Week 1 Day 2: 6/7/4/x/x
Week 1 Day 3: 10

Week 1.1 Day 1: 6/6/4/4/10
Week 1.2 Day 2: 6/8/6/6/8

Don't give up Jeeper, you just started!

Tonkaman

Well when I jumped ahead a week on the app I did something wrong and it started my progress over. Luckily I can just remember where I am on the chart.

Week 2 day 2: 8/10/7/7/12/18

Kevin B.

Week 1.3 Day 3: 8/10/7/7/9

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
You can't really call what I did "running". More of a thundering staggering controlled fall, I'm sure everybody else on the track thought I was drunk.

But I'm gonna do it again in the morning.

Awesome!
Jogging was a fad in the 80's running is where it's at in the 15's!

I must admit I haven't done either of the sit up or push up workouts, Its been a busy week.
This is last weeks fun, this week will be similar, yet different...

image_1.png

Kevin B.

Nice! I wish I could still ride, but it's too damned cold at midnight to ride fifteen miles. I'm hoping to have a road bike by spring and then I'm gonna pound some pavement.

D

Deleted member 12904

I love checking this thread. Pushups are not a current goal of mine but I still like to follow along with you guys progress. My current goal is a 300lb bench and a 450 deadlift by Christmas.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Nice! I wish I could still ride, but it's too damned cold at midnight to ride fifteen miles. I'm hoping to have a road bike by spring and then I'm gonna pound some pavement.

I was using my 1992 Trek MB I bought new up until a few weeks ago when my parents gave me a new Specialized Rockhopper 29er, I've been commuting with that, but I'm about 2 MPH slower on it, yesterday was interesting in the rain.
Keep up the great work!

blznnp

I love checking this thread. Pushups are not a current goal of mine but I still like to follow along with you guys progress. My current goal is a 300lb bench and a 450 deadlift by Christmas.

my over all goal, once i do start to work out again, is to lift more than my wife....I am pretty sure she could out lift me right now....and that doesn't say much

Kevin B.

Week 1.3 Day 3: 8/10/7/7/9

Week 2 Day 1: 9/11/8/8/12... oof. I'm gonna hurt in a couple hours here.

my over all goal, once i do start to work out again, is to lift more than my wife....I am pretty sure she could out lift me right now....and that doesn't say much

Weasel words! :cody:

Tonkaman

Week 3 started today so I decided to retest my max reps. I only could do 25 so I've only increased by 1rep! I will try to rep max again tonight and see if I can do better. Overall I'm feeling better with the push-up position and form so I have made some progress

Tonkaman

What part of the gym turns you off kevin? I've heard the Rec center out your way is a good option. Hitting resistance training really is the best answer for reaching fitness goals. I love the gym but am torn between building one at home or joining one.

Kevin B.

Lifting weights is boring. But you're right, gotta do it.

I have a membership to the West Valley rec center, it's definitely better than Golds or wherever. Cheaper, too, even at the non-resident price.

Last edited:

Caleb

I can't stand going to Vasa, 24 hour, etc (I actually also have a membership to Vasa, but never use it) but I love going to my gym. It's a private gym. In my next house, I'm going to build a nice gym (been debating on doing it here but I don't plan to be here too much longer)...however it won't replace me going to my gym. I've spent a lot of money on gym equipment over the years and find that if the equipment is at my house, I don't use it. Part of what I like about going is the social aspect and the social support. I also like working with my coach as there is someone else that's also holding me accountable for results. If I skip out, I'm answering to more than just myself.

Everyone has what works for them. For some, any old gym will do, some want it at their house, etc. The important part is finding what works best for you and just do it. Deviant needs to post some pictures of his home gym :)

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I've been going to the gym at Snow College the past couple weeks. I like it because I have the option of swimming and racket ball too. 5:30am every day means it's just me and some old dudes. No college kids. I have a total gym at my house, but I get a better workout with free weights. With the total gym, I never feel it afterwards like I do with free weights.