Week 4 Day 1: 12-14-11-10-16
Week 4 Day 2: 14-16-12-12-18
Week 4 Day 3: 16-18-13-13-23

Week 5 day 1: 28-35-25-22-36
Week 5 day 2: 18-18-20-20-14-14-16-40
Week 5 day 3: 18-18-20-20-20-17-20-45

Week 6 day 1: 40-50-25-25-50
Week 6 day 2: 20-20-23-23-20-20-18-18-54

I learned a new trick today that did wonders. I know you're supposed to breathe when you work out, and I try to, but today I made an exaggerated effort to breathe heavily while I did my pushups. I can't believe the difference it made. I got to my numbers quicker, and I felt a lot better in between sets. Day 2 of week six is way easier than day 1.

blznnp

Doing good steve, I have been slacking, with finals coming up, my other workout routine, and trying to find sleep somewhere. I need to get back on it.

and DAA, your a beast at these push-ups

DAA

Was kind of thinking I might be closer to 100. But, 88 is fine, definitely a big improvement over where I started.

Leaving town day after tomorrow, so I won't get back to it until next week. Thinking I'll repeat weeks 5 and 6 before trying again. So another 3 more weeks before my next attempt at 100. I still think I'll get there eventually.

- DAA

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Back at it, I still can't complete Week Two Day One in good form. Tomorrow I'll see where my max is, and then maybe I'll go back to Week One again.

Not giving up though.

Bub

Explore
Knocked out 55 today 13-10-11-11-10.
Was tough, I think I will stay on this set once or twice more before moving on.

There may be nothing sadder than people who spend their lives talking about what might have been. -Anon-

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

my back has been hurting a lot lately. It could be the flu, but I'm starting to wonder if it's because I've only been working on pushups. I should probably be doing some crunches at the same time to offset my stronger back muscles. I think I'm unbalanced.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
18 pushups is my new max - maybe 19 if you count that last super-sloppy one. That's twice what I started with, so that's encouraging.

sixstringsteve

Nice Kev. Despite being one day away from doing my max, I'm going to take it easy and do some crunches for a couple weeks before going for it.

Bub

Explore
Knocked out 55 today 13-10-11-11-10.
Was tough, I think I will stay on this set once or twice more before moving on.

There may be nothing sadder than people who spend their lives talking about what might have been. -Anon-

I think this set was harder this time around. Will be repeating Monday. At least this is my long break. :)

Last edited:

DAA

So, after completing Week 6 but failing to do 100, I decided to take a week off (to go backpacking...) and then repeat weeks 5 & 6.

I just finished Day 3 of Week 5 (re-do). Week 5 was DEFINITELY easier this second time around. Very noticeably easier. First time around, I played it kind of loose on the rest between sets. This time, I was much more strict about that.

Today, I did 20-20-24-24-20-20-22-51.

That was with only 45 seconds rest between sets, except for the last set but even that one I only rested 90 seconds (exactly). The first time I did Week 5, I rested several minutes before the last set and only just barely-barely squeeked out 50. So to take a much shorter rest and still do one more rep this time, I'm feeling some real progress here!

Start Week 6 re-do on Monday.

- DAA

sixstringsteve

After two and a half weeks off, I decided to just go for it and see how many I could do at once. I got to 60. I probably could have squeezed another 10 out, but I wasn't very mentally committed or confident. I felt great at 40, good at 50, and pretty shaky at 60. Either way, there's no way I was getting to 100. Still, from 20 to 60 in 6 weeks is great. I'm not as interested in being able to do 100 at a time now, but I am interested in being able to do the difficult columns of weeks 5 and 6, so I plan to keep on that. Maybe in a month or two I'll get the 100, but that's not really the motivating factor to me.