• IMAG1592.jpg
    IMAG1592.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG1593.jpg
    IMAG1593.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 15

ALBO1023

Knuckles

Well I have been slacking on my progress. Sorry. So I welded the 1"thick plate to the knuckles and used 800 degrees as my mark for heating the cast before I welded it. I then took the torch and kept re-heating the cast as everything cooled so that it would all cool at the same rate. This worked great and looks like it penetrated well to. I also added hydrolic assist. The first ram I bought was a agricultreral ram that didn't work so I went with a ram from PSC that worked good. I fabed up my own tabs and was off driving. I was so depressed that I did all this work and it sill drove like crap . I was pissed and ready to sell the whole thing. The problem "CASTER !!!" See I jacked this thing up so high and pointed the pinon at the transfer case that I had -8 degrees caster angle. It was all over the road, in fact my girlfriend drove it home from the shop one day and about went off the road she swears that B*/$% tried to kill her LOL. Anyways I have a dodge 60 laying around so decided to test on it. that's right rotate the knuckles. So I cut all the way around the test axle and beat it with a hammer and moved. barely ! but it did. so I went ahead and jumped off the deep end and cut mine on mine on my super duty axle under my jeep. First I set it up on our celete bench and maxed it out. Damn!! I knew I was taking a chance setting it up twice since the celete isn't as strong as the blackhawk bench. Anyways I set it up on the blackhawk and maxed it out to. 10,000 lbs. of pressure. So then I put the pully on it to double the pull and did it again at 19,500 lbs of pressure the knuckle popped and moved. YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH baby!!! I used my trusty home depot angle finder and got both sides to read 5 degrees. I then pulled it all down and put it on the alignment rack. It read 5.4 on the right and 4.7 on the left. Perfect!! I went ahead and made two welds on the knuckle on each side and went for a drive. It is amazing that caster has that much effect. Well now it is everything I wanted it to be. Kinda. So know I am going to try out air shox to. My dad is building a buggy and has them allready so I am going to experement with them. Since we ahve them I don't have them working just yet I had to have Mike at summit make me some one off mis-alignment spacers to make them fit. But I'll make a post once I get them in. I also bought some corbeau seats. they look awsome. don't have any photos yet. I also re did the rear springs and took out two more leaves. very flexy now but to much axle wrap. so I bought a skyjacker 5th link from Jackit for a YJ CJ. It will take some trimming but looks like it is going to work too. Well that's it for know I'll post again once I get some more pic.

Attachments

• Picture 939.jpg
    Picture 939.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 1127.jpg
    Picture 1127.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 1128.jpg
    Picture 1128.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 1171.jpg
    Picture 1171.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 1172.jpg
    Picture 1172.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15

mierdota

werent you selling this at one point? Where abouts in midvale are you i live just off 80th and state. its lookin good, i would like to see it when its done

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Wow this is the most exstensive pictured build ever, noone even has time to post anything and he's got more pics and info, very nice, how wide is the coil buckets the F250 axles compared to the stock XJ axle lower buckets?

ALBO1023

werent you selling this at one point? Where abouts in midvale are you i live just off 80th and state. its lookin good, i would like to see it when its done

I never was selling it but sure felt like doing it. I live on the edge of midvale 800 w 7800 s. I'm trying to have it ready to go play this weekend.

ALBO1023

Wow this is the most exstensive pictured build ever, noone even has time to post anything and he's got more pics and info, very nice, how wide is the coil buckets the F250 axles compared to the stock XJ axle lower buckets?

Thanks I think. The coil buckets on the super duty axle's are way to wide. They mount right on top of the knuckle. But the bump stop mounts line right up. I drilled and tapped a hole in each bump stop landing pad ont the axle and made custom lower buckets and the shocks mount line up too. I am actually going to try and run the air shox's in the stock shock mount on the unibody and in the shock mount on the axle, it is way beefy. I forsee building a strut tower brace that goes form one shock to the other in the future.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Sonds good,, i was wondering, i might be doing a axle swap into a explorer and i knew the XJ stock axle lined up, just wondering is a superduty axle would thanks

ALBO1023

Air Shox

Well here are a few photos of the air shox installed and flexed out.

Attachments

• Picture 1610.jpg
    Picture 1610.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 1611.jpg
    Picture 1611.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 1612.jpg
    Picture 1612.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 1656.jpg
    Picture 1656.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 1658.jpg
    Picture 1658.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 1662.jpg
    Picture 1662.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 1664.jpg
    Picture 1664.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 18

ALBO1023

So the last two photos are with 500 psi (max rating) and it sits to high. Thank god. I was nervous that they wouldn't hold up this fat girl but they seem to work well. I don't know how much oil is in each shock since we got them used. I figure I will just run them and see how I like them with the oil that's in it and if I need more or less oil then I will measure when I pull them out to change it. I ended up with 450 on the left and 350 on the right to get it to sit level. I weight about 200 lbs. so I figure that is why I need an extra 100psi in the drivers side.

ALBO1023

Tire Cage

So I needed a place to stick my tire. I don't like it on the roof. It looks good IMO but seems to hinder performance. Feels top heavy, Hits trees, Difficult to reach when needed. So I threw together a quick cage out of exhaust tube.

Attachments

• Picture 1939.jpg
    Picture 1939.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 1940.jpg
    Picture 1940.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 1941.jpg
    Picture 1941.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 1942.jpg
    Picture 1942.jpg