2 Years In Korea

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Come back to Hill Brian!!!!!

Still going to try for Deutschland next? At least I think that's where you said you wanted to go.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Come back to Hill Brian!!!!!

Still going to try for Deutschland next? At least I think that's where you said you wanted to go.
Honestly with all the crap going on in the world I don't want to bring my family to Europe anymore. Hoping for Alaska. If not we'll try for an east coast base to get my wife closer to home. She has spent too many years away from family and it just seems right. Plus we are looking to retire in Vermont and we could potentially not move again until I retire so being closer would be very helpful in finding a place up there.

Honestly I just want my guns and a new jeep so overseas just doesn't really work for me.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well we got an assignment. I was waiting to hear about promotion results before I posted.

Going to Aviano, Italy in January. I know I wanted to come back to the states but this is exciting.

Had I made this promotion it's likely this assignment would have gotten cancelled.

The bright side is Italy will make my wife very happy and it will give us a great chance to save a lot of money. 35k Jeep/buggy budget in four years here we go.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
You will love Italy!

I have been several times and the people, the sights, the weather, the FOOD!

Jealous for sure. My wife and I are always joking about finding an excuse to live on the Almalfi coast (Southern Italy by Naples) just for fun. :)

Thanks for serving!

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
You'll love it.
I only got as far north as Florence though.
I spent a couple weeks spread out among L'Aquila, Florence, Positano, and Amalfi.
Go see Pompeii if at all possible, we ended up with a private tour and it was stunning.
I also remember once in Florence we were heading back to the hotel after dinner and came across a group of people playing music in the plaza.
A guy with a guitar and a girl on violin singing Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here" in Italian... Gave me goose bumps :)

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
No worries on the promotion. I'm not even a little dissapointed. Had I made I would likely have ended up going stateside instead of Italy.

That would have been great but I'll make more money as an E6 in Italy than I would have as an E7 in the states.

This will give my family a great opportunity to see the world as well as save money and plan for our future.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well the korea adventure is over. I didn't take near as many pictures as I thought I would. Honestly I didn't really enjoy my two years there. There are many reasons behind that but it's in the past.

On December 29th we started our next journey. One long flight to Seattle where my parents visited us for 3 days before we flew out.

We landed in Venice, Italy on January 2nd. About an hour drive later we arrived at our next duty station Aviano Air Base.

This will be home for the next 4 years and I am really excited for my second European tour.

If any of you RME peeps feel like an Italian vacation we will be looking for a large house with room for guests.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

rholbrook

A friend of mine served in the Airforce in Italy for 4 years and loved it. Thank you for doing this and I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as my friend did

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Aviano is a great place to serve! My sister and her family served there for several years and absolutely loved it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That's great Brian, Italy sounds like a blast! I'm sure you'll have plenty of places to see. I'll tell my wife you guys may have a place to stay, she has wanted to visit Italy for a long time.

rholbrook

I'm sending my three kids to Europe alone in April for 2 weeks for an adventure. If they get in trouble in Italy, I'm calling you. Actually, Just Harrison, if the two oldest get in trouble, they are on their own.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'm sending my three kids to Europe alone in April for 2 weeks for an adventure. If they get in trouble in Italy, I'm calling you. Actually, Just Harrison, if the two oldest get in trouble, they are on their own.
I'll be here.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Congrats Brian, hope your time in Italy is better than Korea. Italians have better cars anyway

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Congrats Brian, hope your time in Italy is better than Korea. Italians have better cars anyway
I should get my license tomorrow and hopefully a car...hopefully something manual and rear wheel drive. Should be an easy task. I guess that will be a new thread.