2001 Chevy Silverado questions

OrangeSkidPlate

Recently picked up a 2500 Silverado, needs some work but I am hoping for some advice. I know it needs new shocks, so I am thinking Bilstien, any experience?
Second, i suspect the wheel bearing on the driver side is bad because i am getting vibrations around 40-45 mph and it seems to shake in some corners. How do I properly diagnosis this?
Thirdly, Looking to put a different muffler on it, I had a short body magnaflow on my Jeep and i really enjoyed the quality and the lack of droning on the highway. How do LQ4s sound with magnaflows?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Bilstiens are great.

Get the tire off the ground then grab the top and bottom of the tire and lift up and pull down. If you can feel the tire/wheel lifting, the unit bearing is bad.

Mufflers are personal preference. What I think sounds good might be horrible to you. Go with your experience.

SAVAGE

I agree with UNSTUCK

Blistens are good.

Lift that corner off the ground. Wiggle the tire. Basically....
Up and down movement only = Bad ball joint, either upper or lower ball joint is bad but youll have to look at it closly while someone else wiggles.
Side to side only = Tie rod, Pitman arm or Idler arm. Since its a used chevy chances are these have been replaced, or they are due to be replaced. Again you might need a helper to pinpoint.
Up and down and side to side movement = Bad bearings. Or a combination of bad ball joints and steering.

I had a work truck with the Flowmaster 50's, but it did drone at low rpm on the freeway.

OrangeSkidPlate

I'll have to try and see what sort of movement I can see. I know its not a tire out of balance because I rotated the tires myself and didn't seem to make anything worse or better.