2011 Hunt

Taco4life

Has anyone had any success putting anything on the ground yet this year?
I am getting pretty pumped for the next few weekends! Anyone else braving the weather this weekend?

chicken77

throttle jockey
I got this deer with my muzzle loader in the south eastern unit. It was one of only 4 bucks we saw in 5 days of hard hunting.

Attachments

• smallversion.jpg
    smallversion.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 70

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
I got skunked on the muzzy hunt, central unit, hunted hard but couldn't find anything over a three point, most of the deer are down in city limits due to all the vegetation. There was nothing up high country

BTW thats a real nice buck Sage, it will make a great euro, when Im done

DAA

That is a nice buck,

I'll be hunting deer with a rifle this year, for the first time in many years. So, I'm going to do some scouting next weekend, maybe try and call in a coyote or two while I'm at it. Then go see what I can see for real in two weeks.

Robert T, I'm going to PM you about a euro mount deer. I've never bothered to have any deer mounted, and doubt I'll kill anything big enough to worry about this year either, but who knows, I may get something worth more than just sawing the antlers off and throwing them in the pile in the backyard.

- DAA

chicken77

throttle jockey
Thanks Robert, after seeing some of your work I'm pretty excited to have it done. If I get anything in Montana it will be headed your way.

Taco4life

Great buck! For anyone looking to get a euro mount in my opinion, Robert is the only person to talk to. There is a difference in quality when dealing with Euro Mounts and skull cleaning. He did an incredible job on my dad's buck last year, and his pricing is extremely competitive, he will take care of you.

My challenge this year is to see if I can put an elk on the ground for him to clean...

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
Im hoping to have a elk tomorrow for myself to clean, need to do one for myself for a change, unless its a big one, but it seems that alot of big ones are also getting euro'd

mesha

By endurance we conquer
only hunt I got this year is cow elk. It is in mount timp area late season. That should be a tasty hunt.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
My buddy got a spike elk yesterday, hopefully I'll have some luck tomorrow. So far this year has been pretty bad on the ranch we hunt on. Luckily for me if I do get a shot at anything it is surely going to be bigger than his.

sixb

Will work for beer!
Have a cow tag and a spike tag, filled the cow tag. Haven't seen any spikes just big bulls and cows.
Also a picture removing the tenderloin without gutting :D
Next year I'm about gauranteed a anybull tag for this area with 11 points :D

Attachments

• 1010011341.jpg
    1010011341.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 1010011508.jpg
    1010011508.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 1010011428.jpg
    1010011428.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 1010011432.jpg
    1010011432.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 46

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
only hunt I got this year is cow elk. It is in mount timp area late season. That should be a tasty hunt.

That is actually a very tough hunt, the earlier hunt pushes all the elk up by the sundance turn off up on the provo cyn side and they are very spooked, also the ones up on baldy are at the top, It also does not help all the people taking 600+yd shots at them. The last time I had the tag was 2 years ago and it was a tough as can be hunt. If you want someone to help you out let me know and I can also give you some info on the area if you need any info on it

4mill95

The only tag i drew for this year was my late cow. but we have been dove ,turkey and duck hunting so far this year.

Hoping to try out my new PSE bow next year.

Badbuggy

rock star
Yes, and I am glad you asked, because after hunting all my life, I finally got the bull I have been looking for. 6x6, 350, 120 pounds of burger, 80 plus pounds of steaks. And a fantastic hunt.
brighterelk2.jpg