2011 Old School Charity Rock Crawl, May 12-14

Bart

Well, I've heard the inspector could be bought.... ;) ;)
;)

You're right, your stretch would knock you out of the stock class, but not into unlimited. The way things are right now, you'd be in the legends class.

Even in the Legends Class I'd get hosed. Stock should be stock or bolt on suspensions. Street legal should come into play also. I don't see the problem of a 100" wheel base competing against another 100" wheelbase.

I'm sure Craig is just rolling his eyes at all of this. :rofl:

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Even in the Legends Class I'd get hosed. Stock should be stock or bolt on suspensions. Street legal should come into play also. I don't see the problem of a 100" wheel base competing against another 100" wheelbase.

Mine has bolt on suspension lift and it IS street legal, so I could play in the stock class :D

maveric

Crawler Collecter
I also think the FTOY class sucks because nobody shows up, However i think a toyota class would be alot of fun to watch. (I like the sound of toyota metal on the rocks)

I agree that being the only ftoy wasn't as much fun as if we would have had a few more. I really don't care what class we run in, we are just there to have fun.

There were alot of toyota rigs that were set up just like a FTOY last year that should have made a class i feel

A Toyota based class would be sweet, but just because the trucks that were there are setup similar to a ftoy, doesn't make them an ftoy. Not any different than saying the ftoy is the same as an unlimited just because it has a tube chassis.

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
A Toyota based class would be sweet, but just because the trucks that were there are setup similar to a ftoy, doesn't make them an ftoy. Not any different than saying the ftoy is the same as an unlimited just because it has a tube chassis.[/QUOTE]

What makes a "FTOY" and different than a semi built toyota? A chassis?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
the idea behind formula toy is putting everyone in that class in the same exact situation so that it become a battle of driving skills (like formula one racing) that and to sell hendrix chassis. I like the idea, but you need to get plenty of them to make a decent class. Ive thought about both formula toy and Jeepspeed in the past.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
What makes a "FTOY" and different than a semi built toyota? A chassis?

Yes, pretty much the chassis. The rules for the class also require a toy 4cyl, leaf springs, and mechanical steering. I agree its not the best looking chassis. The class was designed to eliminate the "my pockets are deeper than yours" that is seen in other classes. They are all the EXACT same chassis, and the frames are the same length, and the running gear is almost all the same too. Of the 100+ chassis out there, most of them are the same configuration if they are built to comp specs. If they are not built to spec, then they are just another buggy. It is rockcrawlings version of Nascar. It is a drivers class.

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Yes, pretty much the chassis. The rules for the class also require a toy 4cyl, leaf springs, and mechanical steering. I agree its not the best looking chassis. The class was designed to eliminate the "my pockets are deeper than yours" that is seen in other classes. They are all the EXACT same chassis, and the frames are the same length, and the running gear is almost all the same too. Of the 100+ chassis out there, most of them are the same configuration if they are built to comp specs. If they are not built to spec, then they are just another buggy. It is rockcrawlings version of Nascar. It is a drivers class.

Well i know of 3 Toyota's there last year that were there that were 4 cyl, leaf sprung and mechanical steering and you didn't want to compete against them. why? because they didn't have a chassis.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Well i know of 3 Toyota's there last year that were there that were 4 cyl, leaf sprung and mechanical steering and you didn't want to compete against them. why? because they didn't have a chassis.

Therefore, they were not ftoys. :rolleyes:
So if there isn't an ftoy class this year, it won't be an issue. I will be running the legends class.

I didnt figure they would actually give a trophy for the ftoy class because of only 1 entry, so I was actually scoring myself with the legends anyway. I believe that my point standing put us in 7th.

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
f-toy would be awesome if they did a few things, starting with realizing that its 2010. they need to make chassis specs(has to be so wide, tall, long) but not "has to be an ugly hendrix chassis", they need to open it up to any production toy motor under so many liters(n/a 22res are borring, max reliable hp is around150 with thousands of $$ spent)i wound say 4.0 this would allow v8 options as well as sc 3.4s, any toy/aisin transmission/tcase and any toy design axles. but at the very least they need to get rid of the leafs, these are buggys, not tractors. they wouldnt even have to get rid of regular ftoy, just make them pro-toy untill all the ftoy guys relized it wouldnt be that bad. thats really more like formula racing anyways

or...

make just a formula class, not based around a toy at all. limit motor size to 4.0, limit ring and pininion gear size to 8.8 or smaller,any automotive tranny/tcase standard wheel base of extactly 101(or something) tires must be 37s. that would make things interesting!

Craig S

Commando

Sounds like you would make a great tech inspector Bart!