2011 OSRC Rule Revisions

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
Craig be so careful with rules that helped kill rock crawling. Whatever you do just make them and don't change them every event! Also remember that a 35" tire is not that common most everyone runs a 37" or bigger Just my 2cents.

Ben 35 in stock class conforms to WEROCK PROCK and other stock class rules that Linda and I compete in. Tire compound is a big issue going to 37's in stock class. There are no sticky compounds allowed for any of the stock class rigs and are not made in 35. This as much as anything else keeps the stock class stock.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Make tire limits in both legend and pro mod 40 in, say legends have to resemble a production car(atleast front fenders, any one, even an ftoy can work some fenders on that beautiful Hendrix masterpiece somewhere) but the biggest issue id say is have over 66% of a factory frame and a factory firewall, or if you can prove that you have 100% factory frame like an ftoy you can loose the fire wall

Last edited:

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Make tire limits in both legend and pro mod 40 in, say legends have to resemble a production car(atleast front fenders, any one, even an ftoy can work some fenders on that beautiful Hendrix masterpiece somewhere) but the biggest issue id say is have over 66% of a factory frame and a factory firewall, or if you can prove that you have 100% factory frame like an ftoy you can loose the fire wall

Tire size doesnt matter to me. I can run my 37's or my 40's. The additional height of the 40's might make up for them not being stickies. But as far as putting fenders on it, not a chance. I havent even got around to replacing the beat up roof panel that I trashed last year.

Talked to my spotter the other night, and we are both up for running promod. We are willing to step up a class for the challenge instead of taking the advantage of the tube chassis in the legends.

Craig S

Commando
This is what I would like to see for 2011.

Legend
Max 40” tire size with bonus points for smaller tires (no change here). Legend vehicles must have a rectangular frame (at least 66% remaining) and some original sheet metal (at least 66%) with hood. Tube body vehicles with skins go to Pro Mod. No steering restrictions other than rear steering not allowed. F Toy goes to Pro Mod.

Pro Mod
Front engine buggy class. Max 40” tire size with bonus points for smaller tires. No rear steer allowed. Body skins required (66% of vehicle) with hood. Legitimate F Toy vehicles get bonus points (-15).

F Toy
Discontinued unless four or more vehicles are pre-registered by May 1 (I need time to get trophies).

Batteries
Non spill type required (same as last year)

Toyota guys with a flatbed, assuming they still have the rest of the stock sheet metal, stock drivetrain and meet stock rules, run stock class, with a +20 penalty.

Comments Please...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
This is what I would like to see for 2011.

Toyota guys with a flatbed, assuming they still have the rest of the stock sheet metal, stock drivetrain and meet stock rules, run stock class, with a +20 penalty.

Comments Please...

Shouldn't this apply to any make/model of truck?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I like a place for pretty much full bodied trail rigs on 40's to run. Me and the guys I run with, with competition backgrounds would probably run if there was a place like this.

But I have no interest in running against Carl and Casey who aren't afraid to turn their rigs upside down to make a line just because I have bigger than 35's on my rig... :D

I really don't have much interest in smashing every body panel either, but hey I can't win them all.

One question, where do the uni-bodies fit in? They are not tube frame but they really don't have a rectangler frame...

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Shouldn't this apply to any make/model of truck?

Thats my question as well. My brother was told his 88 F150 with 35's and a flat be would have to be in legends last year, no other mods other than a sas front. Would that be considered stock with a point deduction this year?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
No, I don't think so. Bear, in your brothers case he went from coils to leafs, if I remember correctly, which knocks him out of stock right there.

Also, I think full sized should stay in Legends for the simple reason "most" of them are sporting more engine than the rest of the lengends.

cjncustoms

So you can't even compete in promod if you're running a 42"'irok? I mean its just for fun and the rig wont even compete with Casey or carls. It's a tubed out cj-7 buggy with factory stripped skins. Its not mine but a buddy of mine that wants to compete as well...

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
No, I don't think so. Bear, in your brothers case he went from coils to leafs, if I remember correctly, which knocks him out of stock right there.

Also, I think full sized should stay in Legends for the simple reason "most" of them are sporting more engine than the rest of the lengends.

He want from TTB/coils, to sas/coils, set up just like an older f150. But yeah, I guess that would knock him out. I guess he just needs to build a cage and quit being chicken.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I think the tire rules have proven to be pretty fair and simple. I don't like having to bump a fairly stock truck running 37's into the legends class, but that's the only way to make it fair to the others.

Good news is, you know the rules (some have shown up not knowing in the past). You've got the next 4 months to borrow a set of tires now.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I like the new rules.

I'll be interested to see how any Ftoys do against the other ProMods... The automatic points bonus seems appropriate to offset the disadvantages of all those Toyota parts.... :D