2012 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Build

MasterD78

Just thought I would jump in here and first of all say "hi" again, and let you know that I am beginning the slow build of my 2012 Rubi. I've got a 4" Teraflex Full Flex arm kit that I'm installing on
Thursday, and also some 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Next up will be a rear bumper/tire carrier combo. Right now I have the spare and carrier off of the Jeep and I have to say it looks....well....
a bit goofy. So I need to get me that carrier to throw the full size spare back on the rear end. I will take before and after pics, and post them up. I will post pics of how it looks right now later
tonight!

MasterD78

Hmmm, anyone know the answer to that one? I don't. Does that go for front and rear? And I guess if it came down to it, I could always throw the stock bumper back on every two years, for inspection. But that would be a pain! I guess I better look into that because the rear is the next thing on the list. The only thing I found by googling was that the bumpers must be 4.5" tall.

Chevycrew

According to the safety manual, effective 1-1-2009.

Bumpers: (Section 10 - Body)

Reject when:

1: Bumpers are not 4.5" in vertical height.

2: Bumpers do not extend to the entire width of the original body wheel track.

etc...

rholbrook

I had to put stock tires on for mine to pass because the front bumper was note wide enough

Also, the spare tire mount and bumper combo on the Expedition One is hard to beat especially if your hanging a big tire on it.

MasterD78

photo-3-1.jpg

photo-2-2.jpg

photo-1-2.jpg

photo-10.jpg

Obviously these are the before photos.;) Wish me luck and hopefully it all goes smoothly.

petesoffroad

Plus with the Expedition One rear bumper the tailgate opens with the tire carrier. No seperate latch to open first. Thats a plus in my book.

lhracing

I have had my Expedition One for over a year and it is great. The fit and finish is fantastic, the gaps are small and lines fit the JK perfect. In my opinion there are none better.​

MasterD78

Got the lift on, tires on too. It looks dope!! But still have a little bit of work. Gotta center the front axle, trim the rear pinch seam, and rubi rails in the rear.

MasterD78

photo-10.jpg
BEFORE
photo-6-1.jpg
DURING
photo-4-1.jpg
AFTER

Still got to get out there and center the front axle and do a bit of trimming on the rear. But I think it looks amazing!