Northern Utah 2016 Training day event

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I will start making plans and I will even bring my CB swr meter and can tune antennas while out there for those needing some help. Maybe give a class or something... this all depends on my new jobs schedule.

jedi

aboogadaboogadaboogada
I'm in. Probably have my 12 year old boy. Maybe the wife and 16 year old daughter too. Actually would be a good time to teach her to play on the rocks.

Sounds great! Is the drive and site friendly for a low trailer? Or maybe this would be a good maiden voyage for my 95 tracker "overlander" set up, I'm excited about the beat up "tracker" trailer I just picked up cheap off ksl.

xjtony

Sounds great! Is the drive and site friendly for a low trailer? Or maybe this would be a good maiden voyage for my 95 tracker "overlander" set up, I'm excited about the beat up "tracker" trailer I just picked up cheap off ksl.
It's just a dirt road out to the site. In addition to the rocks there are all kinds of trails to play on too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

pELYgroso

'Merica
For those of you who don't know how to get there, the turn off from Redwood road is almost exactly 25 miles south of the Redwood/ Lehi Main St. intersection. The turn off (turn right) is directly after a small farm house. You'll drive the gravel road for over a mile and when you're passing some large rock outcroppings on the left, the "little Moab" playground area is a few hundred yards off the road to the right. There are plenty of places to park and camp and low trailers are ok. Pets are ok as well I imagine. There are also a few fun playground areas to the left of the main gravel road around the large rock outcroppings.

I like Little Moab for an event like this because you can stand in one spot and see many rigs at the same time trying different lines on the hill. You're not stuck in your rig on a trail waiting for the guy 6 rigs ahead to get over an obstacle. (that's a whole different kind of fun, just not ideal for an event like this)

I will note that shooting is allowed in the area, so be cautious of shooters out there and where you're parking your stuff.

DewYota

You say breakfast and social, is this bring your own food? I'm assuming it'd be hard to plan for the masses.

Just curious I'll be coming with a friend