2017 Wheeling Goals

RogueJeepr

Here!
I think this year we are going north. The woman wants to do Yellowstone badly and we have till April before our NP pass is up. So hard to leave the state when there's so much awesome here. Maybe after that id like to do.
Hells backbone
Dollhouse
See Utah's only redwood tree (illegally planted by a ranger)
Explore more of Skyline Drive.

Hell I may even just throw a dart at the map and see where it ends up.
Always trying new places.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I wouldn't mind a redemption run at HITR.

Planning on EJS for the first time.
The Dollhouses
Comb Wash if Bears ears hasn't ruined that.
Sand hollow at some point.
Black Dragon canyon
more exploring the swell

Total recreation plan is
>20 nights in a sleeping bag
>1K miles of Jeep offroad.
>1K miles of dirt bike offroad.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I wouldn't mind a redemption run at HITR.

Planning on EJS for the first time.
The Dollhouses
Comb Wash if Bears ears hasn't ruined that.
Sand hollow at some point.
Black Dragon canyon
more exploring the swell

Total recreation plan is
>20 nights in a sleeping bag
>1K miles of Jeep offroad.
>1K miles of dirt bike offroad.

most BLM docs I have just got a hold of state that all roads are to be accessible under the current BLM inventory. The roads are subject to other reviews so we'll need to keep an eye on those

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I had to think hard about this one, I've been pretty fortunate the last couple years and the trails I've been able to run! Here's my 2017 Wish List...

- Holy Cross in Colorado

- Moab Rim, Kane Creek & Lockhart in Moab

- Camp in Valley of the Gods

- Greys River Road in Wyoming (like Cody, since he introduced me to it!)

- RME trip to the San Juans over 3-4 days

- RME Trip to Little Sahara dunes over Winter

- RME Baja, MX trip

-Ride motorcycle to Hyder, Alaska ;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I had to think hard about this one, I've been pretty fortunate the last couple years and the trails I've been able to run! Here's my 2017 Wish List...

- Holy Cross in Colorado

- Moab Rim, Kane Creek & Lockhart in Moab

- Camp in Valley of the Gods

- Greys River Road in Wyoming (like Cody, since he introduced me to it!)

- RME trip to the San Juans over 3-4 days

- RME Trip to Little Sahara dunes over Winter

-Ride motorcycle to Hyder, Alaska ;)

That reminded me of a couple I had left off my list. Updated.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I had a blast on the rubicon and HITR this year so I would like more overnight trails. Something like a Baja trip would be at the very top of my list.

A few years ago we loaded up the kids in the JKU with a little off-road trailer behind it and went wherever the road took us for a few weeks. That was one of the best trips ever. I would like to do something like that as well. The wheeling probably won't be as hard as I am used to, but my family and I really like wandering.

Of course, we will do Moab and St.George a bunch of times as well.

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
I had a blast on the rubicon and HITR this year so I would like more overnight trails. Something like a Baja trip would be at the very top of my list.

A few years ago we loaded up the kids in the JKU with a little off-road trailer behind it and went wherever the road took us for a few weeks. That was one of the best trips ever. I would like to do something like that as well. The wheeling probably won't be as hard as I am used to, but my family and I really like wandering.

I had to edit my list and add Baja!! ;)

RockChucker

Hopefully this will work out

KOH
Sand Hollow 3-4x
Moab 3-4x
Little Sahara
Sidewinder
Hanging Tree at least once
See what the Price trails are all about
I'd also like to explore around Grand Junction and Fruita. 21 road, billings canyon and others?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Hopefully this will work out

KOH
Sand Hollow 3-4x
Moab 3-4x
Little Sahara
Sidewinder
Hanging Tree at least once
See what the Price trails are all about
I'd also like to explore around Grand Junction and Fruita. 21 road, billings canyon and others?

looks like we need a RME sidewinder run along with a RME grand junction trip!

Greg

Admin
Lets get a RME 21 Road / Billings trip on the calendar! I would say April/May/June would be best, plan on a full day for 21 Road and most of the day for Billings. I usually have 3 day weekends, Fri, Sat & Sunday... you guys tell me what works for you.

I'd be happy to play guide/photographer/video guy in exchange for a seat! :D

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Lets get a RME 21 Road / Billings trip on the calendar! I would say April/May/June would be best, plan on a full day for 21 Road and most of the day for Billings. I usually have 3 day weekends, Fri, Sat & Sunday... you guys tell me what works for you.

I'd be happy to play guide/photographer/video guy in exchange for a seat! :D

Does Jeff (bad buggy) go out any more? I would love to see him and Shelby again.

We need to make sure Bart's back is well enough to come play and Steve st.clair is around too. :)

this is could be an epic trip. Is Father's Day weekend too late?

Pile of parts

Father's Day weekend is not too late...Just not soon enough. :D I really want to run some of the Colorado trails. The only problem I see with that weekend is that I might be taking a group of scouts on their High Adventure.

RockChucker

Does Jeff (bad buggy) go out any more? I would love to see him and Shelby again.

We need to make sure Bart's back is well enough to come play and Steve st.clair is around too. :)

I think that would work for me. Temps similar to Moab or cooler?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Trying to space a couple of weeks out past old school.

I dont think my wallet or my marriage can afford to wheel out of town every weekend. :D

Greg

Admin

Jeff is still around and wheelin, he's as busy as ever though. I can let him know about the trip and see if he & Shelby can make it out.

Fathers Day is June 18th... it'll be pretty hot by then. When it's hot out, 21 Road and Billings get these Gnats that like to chew on people. IMO you're better off earlier in the year.

I think that would work for me. Temps similar to Moab or cooler?

Grand Junction is usually 5* cooler than Moab and about 5* warmer than SLC... for the most part.