2017 Wheeling Goals

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Jeff is still around and wheelin, he's as busy as ever though. I can let him know about the trip and see if he & Shelby can make it out.

Fathers Day is June 18th... it'll be pretty hot by then. When it's hot out, 21 Road and Billings get these Gnats that like to chew on people. IMO you're better off earlier in the year.

With Easter being mid April, do you think the trails will dry out enough for a run late March?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
21 Road will probably be a wet mess, honestly. What about Early May?

That could work. I have been hitting bronco safari early May but I think Steve will forgive me for not bringing a CJ to a bronco party. :D

does that work for everyone else? Say May 5-7? Thinking trails Friday and Saturday travel home Sunday? But open to what works.

Pile of parts

I can probably make that work. However, I'm pretty sure sure we've decided to pass on EJS this year and go to Moab for the car show weekend (which is the last weekend in April - right before this trip) Are you opposed to Memorial Weekend? Is that too hot, too late or coincide with one of your other trips?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I can probably make that work. However, I'm pretty sure sure we've decided to pass on EJS this year and go to Moab for the car show weekend (which is the last weekend in April - right before this trip) Are you opposed to Memorial Weekend? Is that too hot, too late or coincide with one of your other trips?

Memorial weekend is Old School Rock Crawl in Delta.

Pile of parts

That could work. I have been hitting bronco safari early May but I think Steve will forgive me for not bringing a CJ to a bronco party. :D

does that work for everyone else? Say May 5-7? Thinking trails Friday and Saturday travel home Sunday? But open to what works.

Jinx, are you still planning on this? I can make it work but need to know if we're serious so I can get things scheduled.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Yes! We are headed down Thursday, doing trails Friday and Saturday then coming home Sunday.

I haven't heard from Steve if he needs any help with trails yet so we will probably be doing our own thing.

Are you you coming down solo?

Pile of parts

Yes! We are headed down Thursday, doing trails Friday and Saturday then coming home Sunday.

I haven't heard from Steve if he needs any help with trails yet so we will probably be doing our own thing.

Are you you coming down solo?

I have others that are interested but wanted to clear it with you. 1 to possibly 2 from Salt lake area and had mentioned the possibility to a couple from Moab Friends for Wheelin'. If you're game for a group or, as Greg suggested, make it open invite. You say, it's your trip, I'm just happy to be here.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
So, with this thread coming back to life and me being confused about which trip we had talked about for this week, I am left in a little bit of a spot.

I thought I would have been to Moab a bunch more times this year and I haven't been... :( and I already have hotel reservations with a great group of guys for Moab, kind of centered around Bronco Safari, but not actually with bronco safari...

I am currently trying to see who is up for Grand Junction instead of Moab for this weekend. I like the idea of getting back over to Western Colorado in a big way, but not sure yet if anyone else is even interested of the other group, and I don't want to flake.

Give me a minute to try and figure this out, but please don't hold back going with out me.

(in my head I am wondering if I can go wheel Moab, then drop the tow rig and trail rigs off at Gregs house and come back down the week or two later. :D) Wheeling without having to pay for tow rig gas is significantly cheaper.)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ok just a trip down memory lane... can anyone believe this was over 10 years ago!

Definitely one of the best trips EVER. Great trails, AMAZING People, and unforgetable smiles...

https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.p...Thanksgiving-holiday&highlight=grand+junction

https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.p...o-Nov-24th-amp-25th&highlight=billings+canyon

Greg, Do you think we can get Jeff out?

Are the Pictures showing up for other people, I only have a couple...

That was a great trip! Pics aren't all showing up they probably got lost after a failed backup many years ago. :(

I can ask Jeff is he is around, long as we have the date nailed down. I hope he'd be available!

Pile of parts

I am planning on wheeling in Moab April 27-30 with a group over car show weekend. I have tentatively planned on May 5-7 for GJ since we talked earlier in this thread. (I know, rough having to wheel two weekends in a row) I just need to know a definite if and when so I can make arrangements. I'm somewhat flexible, just not car show weekend. I also need to know if I'm ok to invite a few others along - since this is your trip (wheeling goals). Oh, and it looks like Carl might want to go. I've never run any of the Colorado trails and am looking forward to it. I too, thought about leaving my jeep and trailer in Moab after car show weekend but then I'd have to swing down to pick it up and come back up and over to GJ. So, I guess I'll just make two trips... Hopefully. :D Let me know the plan and if you're open to others coming along. (All would be family friendly type)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
It looks like everyone is pretty much is tied into their house/hotel commitments for Bronco Safari.

How does the 19th and 20th of May work for everyone?

Hopefully not HOT yet, but still not Mothers day or Memorial day.

Carl, I know that is close to Old School, but hopefully you don't break anything...