Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Found some more info on the gearbox. It looks to be a Getrag 7MT1550, which is rated to 442 ft/lbs. Gear ratio's haven't been announced, but this trans supposedly covers a gear ratio spread of 11, so assuming an overdrive of .65, the crawler gear ratio gear could be up to 7.15 to 1.

Assuming this is going to have the same t-case as the current ranger, which I believe has a 2.717 low range ratio, and a 3:73 axle ratio... the crawl ratio on this would be 72-ish to 1. With 4:11 rear gears, the crawl ratio goes up to 80-ish to 1. For comparison, a new jeep rubicon is 82:1 I believe, so this may be in the same ballpark.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Never before have I wanted to SAS a brand new vehicle so badly.

I'm in for the assist. :)

Found some more info on the gearbox. It looks to be a Getrag 7MT1550, which is rated to 442 ft/lbs. Gear ratio's haven't been announced, but this trans supposedly covers a gear ratio spread of 11, so assuming an overdrive of .65, the crawler gear ratio gear could be up to 7.15 to 1.

So you're saying this one goes to 11? :oops:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I think I saw one down here last week. There was a transport full of new fords heading south towards the proving grounds. This was in the lower rack of cars, at the very rear. They had it camouflaged, like they do with all the new models. It was a 4 door, but the taillights looked nothing like the spy photos I’ve seen. It’s actually a lot larger than I expected, more like the old square body Blazers.

4x4_Welder

I think I saw one down here last week. There was a transport full of new fords heading south towards the proving grounds. This was in the lower rack of cars, at the very rear. They had it camouflaged, like they do with all the new models. It was a 4 door, but the taillights looked nothing like the spy photos I’ve seen. It’s actually a lot larger than I expected, more like the old square body Blazers.
Interesting. I was visualizing something the general size of a 3rd gen Explorer, a bit larger would be nice.

Destroyer

Phil Nelson
But it’s a Dana. If that’s a Chrysler issue wouldn’t it be be all of our axle issues? Or do only Chrysler Dana’s have issues?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
But it’s a Dana. If that’s a Chrysler issue wouldn’t it be be all of our axle issues? Or do only Chrysler Dana’s have issues?

Yea I think Chrysler spec'd their axle tubes too thin and the knuckles too weak on the last couple generations. I get that builders like dana most often will do what the customer wants but man you'd think the engineers at Dana would have raised a stink about it! (and they probably did?)

I guess I'd go for broke and do a dynatrac or something silly haha!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Wondering how hard it would be to swap an axle from maybe a rubicon.

there are guys on here more savvy than I, and I’m sure they will figure out a solution, but the bronco looks to have rack and pinion steering. I’m not sure of how to get around that with a solid axle swap. Maybe there’s a way to swap to a conventional steering box.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
there are guys on here more savvy than I, and I’m sure they will figure out a solution, but the bronco looks to have rack and pinion steering. I’m not sure of how to get around that with a solid axle swap. Maybe there’s a way to swap to a conventional steering box.

I had to do that on my 100. It was rack and pinion originally.

J-mobzz

I’m hearing “Bronco” is going to become a division like Ram is to dodge that will release multiple models of vehicles under the bronco name