2024 LandCruiser

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I kinda thought this was going to happen when they pulled the LandCruiser badge but still sold them under the Lexus brand. That there is aimed exactly at the same market they're already selling the 4Runner to. I wonder if this means the 4Runner is on the way out, or if it's going to get overhauled and downsized too?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I kinda thought this was going to happen when they pulled the LandCruiser badge but still sold them under the Lexus brand. That there is aimed exactly at the same market they're already selling the 4Runner to. I wonder if this means the 4Runner is on the way out, or if it's going to get overhauled and downsized too?
I hope it gets downsized. Everything has gotten too big.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Just what we need another $60k FJ cruiser with an ipad glued to the dash... I mean land cruiser. 😉
Actually yes, since I happen to like my fj cruiser!

And seeing Toyota offer a full-time 4WD, ladder frame, square body SUV with center and rear diff locks standard isn’t bad for the world at all. Just like the addition of the new bronco, the gladiator, the zr2 Colorado, the 392 rubicon, etc.

For a while it felt like the auto world was moving away from good off road choices, but they seem to be heading in a good direction these days. I’m here for it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Actually yes, since I happen to like my fj cruiser!

And seeing Toyota offer a full-time 4WD, ladder frame, square body SUV with center and rear diff locks standard isn’t bad for the world at all. Just like the addition of the new bronco, the gladiator, the zr2 Colorado, the 392 rubicon, etc.

For a while it felt like the auto world was moving away from good off road choices, but they seem to be heading in a good direction these days. I’m here for it.
Can we just get past the "center diff lock" as if it's a feature? I get why marketing does it, but it's just called 4wd to everyone else in an era where everyone else has 4wd and front AND rear lockers.

I don't hate the look. I've heard nothing about it so I'm interested too see what it has to offer. Hopefully it's not another fj cruiser. (sorry I know some people like them... But.... They look like vape smells).