Wanted 2x6 6ft long tube and 2x4 6ft long rectangle tubing

4x4addiction

Im looking for some steel to build a.bumper I was wonderiong if anyone on here had any I could buy please let me know!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've got a piece of heavy wall 2x4 tube. A summit machine spindle/bearing/bushing swing away hinge, and a couple of pieces of bent tube for a tire carrier hoop thingy. Would like to sell as a set.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Going completely from memory, it seems like it was about $4/foot last spring....so how does $20 sound?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It's close to 1/8" thick. Depending on what you're going for, it might be a bit on the thin side for a bumper....but if you're going for lightweight, maybe perfect. :confused:

Bumpers I've made from similar stuff before used 3/16" wall for more dent resistance, for whatever that's worth.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have my wife looking to see what I paid for it but in the mean time I called SSS and Wasatch and they quoted me $52 & $69. I don't think I paid that much so when my wife calls back I'll post the price.

She just called and it was $43.20. The invoice said 1/4 wall but I don't think it was that thick.

It is 3/16

Last edited: