What should i do?

• Keep my mini truck axle and build it up

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Sell the mini truck axle and get one out of a FJ62

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I didn't get any cliff hanger pics, camera was dead by then, but i have alot more, some are on the trip report sections, did you get any cliff hanger pics? I saw dan taking some, you should e-mail them to me tonight, yeah we made it home fine no problems, but i need to cut out that stupid part of the front fender that was rubbing, it was tempting to stay but it was also good to get home and see my wife, yeah the whole trip was amazing, especially when those hillbillys with the high tech cup holder on the roof of their ranger made it up tip over challenge, after i told them to air down what retards, oh and the stock ZJ with the drunk guys was funny too

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Oh and doing that huge step up at nightb on cliff hanger, next to a 2000 foot drop was pretty sweet, i think the night made it less scary because u couldn't see how far t was down hahaha

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Ive got pics but im not exactly sure how many, or of what, dan had my camera most of the time, the usb cord is at my parents house so I will get them on the comp. as soon as I can

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Great to here it all worked out well! :cool: Btw nice pics!

Yeah i do, but it never seems to line up it is like a 1/8 of a inch off from the groove, but i had ot just tighten it with the breaker bar so a impact gun would be better

Don't worry if the previous indention on the nut line up with the groove or not. Just smash in what is covering the grove now and that will keep it from working loose.

iamsparticus

Ah yes i see rotbox will do but for now the lock tight did a great job, sorry i didn't see u down there, my cell phone is cricket doesn't work south of spanish fork

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
^Yeah dang it I didn't even end up going :( Oh well summers coming! We'll have to run some trails for sure.

Btw most run lock tight as not only does it keep the nut on, but it also works great as a seal to keep oil in as they have been known to leak there even if they are tight.

iamsparticus

Small update, trimmed the wheel wells and the front bumper lower section, because the Wife said i needed to make the front bumper look better, i got pics i will put on later

iamsparticus

Back at it again

Okay so its been a long time since i posted but i have not made much progress as far as upgrades go but here is some pics of what i did. Replaced the axle seals badly needed, Made quick dis-connect mud flaps , trimmed the front bummper skirt to make it look good, and i have new leaf springs to put on. Im going to redrill the center whole of the leaf springs so as to move my axle a inch forward and i need new shocks on the front, the current ones are off a TJ wrangler and they are like 4 inches to short. Let me know what u guys think:greg:

Attachments

• HPIM2539.jpg
    HPIM2539.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM2540.jpg
    HPIM2540.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM2541.jpg
    HPIM2541.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 24

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
... Im going to redrill the center whole of the leaf springs so as to move my axle a inch forward...

If you're only moving it an inch, I'd use some of the spacers that are designed just for this purpose. I don't know if you've ever drilled spring steel, but it sucks real bad. the spacers are cheap and way easier than drilling... Plus, you don't weaken your springs by adding extra holes.:)

Like this...
spring%20pin%20relocation%20plate%20small.jpg

leorn

reset
I can't really remember what stock feels like with my vehicle, but I redrilled my front this way years ago and it's never been a problem.

If my brain is working this late at night, even with the relocating 'spacer', you would still have to redrill the u-bolt plate if you have a u-bolt flip.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Not sure what you are referring as imbalance, but I don't think the spacer or re-drilling the spring perch would cause any real noticeable issues. I have driven both and have never had an issue.

If my brain is working this late at night, even with the relocating 'spacer', you would still have to redrill the u-bolt plate if you have a u-bolt flip.

That is correct.

iamsparticus

Sweet well that answers that glad i decided to ask around first so i will drill a little and this will solve a lt of problems for my front end like rubbing slightly at full stuff on the wheel well and hitting my oil pan, thanks guys, oh and if anyone has a used gear driven toyota transfer case with blownn gears ill buy it i really want to start gearing this beast lower. What shocks have u guys had luck with i was thinking of puting on procomps in the front but i love my 5100 Bilstiens in the back

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Nooooooooo! Pro Comps ride like total poo on Toyota's trust me I've been there. :p I think they were originally designed for dump trucks and army tanks.

I vote Bilstiens if you have the cash. I may get flamed endlessly for this, but I love the Les-Schwab (I hate Les Schwab when it comes to anything else) Mountain Rider -no name/cheap O- foam filled shocks. You have to figure out the measurements yourself then go in the back and dig through boxes, but its well worth it imo. With good springs you feel like your riding on marshmallows. They have to be the foam filled shock though their other shocks are NOT the same.