5.3 vs 6.0 in my s10 blazer

blznnp

I recently purchased a "6.0" from a local wrecker. Just discovered last night it's a 5.3/4.8. If by chance they can't get me a 6.0 anytime soon, they are out of stock and the only ones on west coast are super high mileage, wondering if I will notice a big difference with the 5.3/4.8. That's of course only if it's a 5.3, I haven't take. The pan off yet to check the crank. It's going in my s10 4 door blazer. 40's, th350, 203/205, 5.38 gears. I would guess a little over 5000lbs. Not a every day driver, trailer to trails. Mainly wanted the torque of the 6.0

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
if it is in fact a 5.3 I would go ahead and run it, throw a cam in it and a good solid tune and you will have gobs of power you wont know what to do with...

blznnp

if it is in fact a 5.3 I would go ahead and run it, throw a cam in it and a good solid tune and you will have gobs of power you wont know what to do with...
That's kinda what I was thinking. I have a buddy with a close setup as mine, I am heavier, his 5.3 in his blazer seems to have enough power
Aren't all 6.0s aluminum? Go aluminum. If you are going to all the work, get what you want.
Aluminum head iron block

RockChucker

Another way to tell if it's a 4.8 is to look at the Pistons. 4.8 are flat top and 5.3 are dished. My 5.3 has a little mark by the 5.3 on the block too.

I second what Ryan said. Kinda. 5.3s are awesome. The one in my TJ is a riot. Cam it with some new valve springs and rock it. I say kinda because I'm pulling my 5.3 out for a 6.0 :greg:

You really can't go wrong either way.

chicken77

throttle jockey
I just got done putting a 5.3 in my Toyota and love it!!!! Wayne Hartwig did the tune and it is great.

blznnp

Well, they let me know they found a engine, will be getting it Monday or Tuesday. I don't know if it's my luck or what but every person but the person I bought my engine from have been kinda disrespectful from A1 auto parts. The guy I delt with today never said sorry, your welcome, thanks, just hung up as soon as he gave me any info. I don't recommend buying from them if you want any decent customer service.

chicken 77, is he local? That name sounds kinda familiar.

chicken77

throttle jockey
He is in Washington state but does a ton of computer tunes, 150tunes.com is his web site. Most of the King of Hammers LS powered rigs are running one of his tunes.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
wayne used to be local here, a bunch of us wheeled with him all the time around 2005 2006. He used to own all jeep. I use A1 auto parts out on 201 all the time for work. Beside a couple engine issues out of about 50 engines. No problems

blznnp

wayne used to be local here, a bunch of us wheeled with him all the time around 2005 2006. He used to own all jeep. I use A1 auto parts out on 201 all the time for work. Beside a couple engine issues out of about 50 engines. No problems
One guy was awesome, but all the others have been bad