5 mile pass clean-up Public Lands Day

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Today was Public lands day and quite a few RME'rs headed out to give a hand out at 5 mile pass including Greg, Cruiseroutfit, Meat, Herzog, Pelygroso, and many of the zuk guys plus others that I did not get a chance to meat. We arrived at 9 and about half a dozen of us were dispatched to clean up a old pickup bed camper. We drove around a couple minutes unitl I spotted it. We assessed the site and I drove back and got my tow rig and trailer to load it up on and cleaned up the site. After that Herzog, and I were dispatched to hit up constrictor, and rattle snake where we met up with Meat. We hit the trails and were later joined by Pelygroso, We picked up around 5 bags of trash mostly Beer bottles and cans. It was plenty of fun though. Heres some pics I got

Attachments

• public land day 9-30-06 001.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 001.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 41
  • public land day 9-30-06 008.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 008.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 27
  • public land day 9-30-06 011.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 011.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 60
  • public land day 9-30-06 014.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 014.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 48
  • public land day 9-30-06 017.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 017.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 48
  • public land day 9-30-06 026.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 026.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 43
  • public land day 9-30-06 027.jpg
    public land day 9-30-06 027.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 58

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Guess you guys made it down ehh? -_-

Yep , we looked for you but we thought you might have gone wheelin with those other guys or there was a couple of other rigs in the parking lot. You need a winch -_-

Meat_

Banned
Yep , we looked for you but we thought you might have gone wheelin with those other guys or there was a couple of other rigs in the parking lot. You need a winch -_-

Nah I sat and waited for 20 min, then drove up to the top of con and hiked down to the nest :-\

You wanna send me the full size pics plz?

Meat_ @rockymountainextreme.com (no space)

tia

sixstringsteve

it was nice to meat you meat. that's a sweet rig you've got. We zuks headed up constrictor, but our leader lost his clutch at the obstacle right before eagle's nest. i'd never been that far up con. it's a great trail! Good times. we tried to catch up to you guys, but you're so built that you don't wait long on an obstacle, you just crawl right up it. i think the eagle's nest would be scary even with a winch. there was a guy there in a buggy that said he went up the left side of eagle's nest, but i don't believe he could. it just looked way too sketchy. overall it was a great day. smokincamel will have some pics up soon i'm sure, we took quite a few.

Meat_

Banned
Ya it was good to meet who I did, too bad I missed out on the rest of the crowd.

That was my rigs last trip out until I get the front end pinched and some armor on the bottom (hopefully in time for the U4 convention)

...but our leader lost his clutch at the obstacle right before eagle's nest...

Radiator Rapids

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Today was Public lands day and quite a few RME'rs headed out to give a hand out at 5 mile pass including Greg, Cruiseroutfit, Meat, Herzog, Pelygroso, and many of the zuk guys plus others that I did not get a chance to meat. We arrived at 9 and about half a dozen of us were dispatched to clean up a old pickup bed camper. We drove around a couple minutes unitl I spotted it. We assessed the site and I drove back and got my tow rig and trailer to load it up on and cleaned up the site.

We had a good time helping you guys out with the camper (we were the ones in the blue Scrambler). That area was sure a mess. We didn't make up into the snakes since we went with the group that went west to clean up a messy area along the pony express route where we picked up a bullet ridden fridge, a stove, barbeque and tons of other junk.

sixstringsteve

that was a really clean scrambler you have, it looked great! sorry you couldn't make it to snakes, we'll have to go again.

pELYgroso

'Merica
good times!! i'm pretty stoked about how my 'runner did on ww. Steve, i wish you could have seen it. SO much difference with a locker in the rear and shocks!!

sixstringsteve

yeah, i would have loved to have seen it. We were waiting for another zuk to show up, but by the time he got there, you were gone (i don't blame ya). I'm heading out this saturday, not sure where yet, but i'd love it if you could come. My zuk did better than ever, I love those Yota axles! i broke both shock mounts, but those are fixed now. I don't have the wheelbase or tire height you've got, but my little zuk is pretty capable. I'm sure we'll hit some trails together soon.

pELYgroso

'Merica
yeah, i would have loved to have seen it. We were waiting for another zuk to show up, but by the time he got there, you were gone (i don't blame ya). I'm heading out this saturday, not sure where yet, but i'd love it if you could come. My zuk did better than ever, I love those Yota axles! i broke both shock mounts, but those are fixed now. I don't have the wheelbase or tire height you've got, but my little zuk is pretty capable. I'm sure we'll hit some trails together soon.

I'll prob be heading up to Forest Lake this Wednesday afternoon. I haven't been up there yet this year. I may be out of town this Sat. but if not, we should definitely head out somewhere! I wanna see how you do with those yota axles on there!

sixstringsteve

dang. i'd come with ya, but i teach guitar until 7 PM. have a good time up there. It's nice to know your rig is working better than ever. were those rocklogic guys priced fair, or was it pretty spendy? I know they know their stuff.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I think they were priced pretty fair. I have no complaints at all. Their per hour rate is comparable to other shops but they seem to really know exactly what they're doing and how to do it, hence doing it faster, hence less costly hours of shop time. I'll use 'em again.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I thought it was a great event, when we first pulled in & I saw the dumpster, I thought there was no way we'd come close to filling it. That thing was HUGE! Other people started rolling in & Kurt dispatched us all to diffrent locations that the BLM wanted us to cleanup.

The first place we went to was the camper, I didn't get a before pic but here's some during & after pics.

Attachments

• 100_1995 (Medium).JPG
    100_1995 (Medium).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1997 (Medium).JPG
    100_1997 (Medium).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1993 (Medium).JPG
    100_1993 (Medium).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1998 (Medium).JPG
    100_1998 (Medium).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 7

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
After unloading the camper into the dumpster, we went to the main parking area & picked as much as we could in the large area. Then we headed out to the west, towards Faust. There was a hill that many people had been using as a dump & others had been shooting up the garbage. It was sickening to see all the trash spread everywhere. Our little group went to work and within 45 minutes we had it looking great. Kurt hauled the big stuff in his Taco & many of the garbage bags ended up in the back of everyones rigs.

Attachments

• 100_2000 (Medium).JPG
    100_2000 (Medium).JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_2002 (Medium).JPG
    100_2002 (Medium).JPG
    63 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_2006 (Medium).JPG
    100_2006 (Medium).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2007 (Medium).JPG
    100_2007 (Medium).JPG