5 mile

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I Lean said:
Did you overheat, or did you catch it in time?

It was OBVIOUS. I did have to do 1/4 mile dashes, and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes in between. By the time I climbed the tailings pile, it was pretty hot, though. Wasn't dieseling, but tooting like a train.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
mbryson said:
I went out today.......

hits_the_dirt.jpg

Congrats Marc! So how'd it work? Any trail pics? You beat me... -_-

:hickey:

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
Marc I saw your jeep at Tera Plus. I was actually walking towards it to take a closer look as you got in and drove off. From a distance it looks great.:D

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
I will be at the cheveron by about 9:30 I have to pick up my nephew and a dirt bike he rented right after I get off work at 8 but it is on the way down there I will be in a slightly mud covered white Toy with a bike in the back and look forward to seein yall.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
AINT SKEERED said:
Marc I saw your jeep at Tera Plus. I was actually walking towards it to take a closer look as you got in and drove off. From a distance it looks great.:D

It needs a TON of work, but it seems like everything works OK. :D (well, for the most part) Sorry I missed you. I was half tempted to run it up the ramp, but my boys wanted to hit the trail. :D

Meat_ said:
:eek: -_- Photoshop?

I'm not that good at Photoshop. I do work with people that are MASTERS, though ;)

Greg said:
Congrats Marc! So how'd it work? Any trail pics? You beat me... -_-

:hickey:

It seems to work pretty good. I kinda didn't have any time to really check it out. I was kinda in a hurry due to the low coolant and wanting to get out of the wash PDQ. I blew the lower hose just about 100 yards before the waterfall. I had to negotiate the bigger rocks (no skids and 3 wheel drive {I don't have a front locker in yet--I think I like the spool on the trail :D}) and the waterfall within about 30 seconds (It did seem to work pretty good there. I had to saw on the steering wheel a little on the waterfall, but it just kept climbing a little at a time--took maybe 10 seconds or so). I drove from there up to where you can go up the tailings pile or cut out to the east onto the road and stopped and let it cool down for a few minutes. Then drove to the top of the tailings pile and the motor was HOT (soft dirt and pretty steep hill?). There were a couple Jeeps up above coming down that were checking out my predicament. One had a gallon of coolant and wouldn't let me give him anything for it. I let it cool off there, added the coolant and drove about 1/2 mile downhill, let it cool down for 5 minutes, did it again, etc. until I got to the truck.