68 highboy

I was told I should do a build thread, i have had this project for a looong time, this was my first truck, I took my wife on our first date in this truck, it was my dads truck before me while I was growing up. I decided to do a body swap sometime in 2009, but a bad year in 2010 ( loosing two grandparents, a great grandma, and my father, as well as welcoming a second kid into our family took the wind out of my sail. I did work on it here and there over the years, but it has mainly been a looked over second thought. My kids are now at the age where they are starting to want to do stuff with friends over hanging with mom and dad, and I finally have the ambition to start working on the old girl again. So to keep me motivated and moving on the project I’m starting a build thread.

I’m currently found a high pinion open knuckle Dana 44 swamp, disc brakes and a better turning radius are my two major motivators to make this work.

1352F5A0-9B53-47FE-94EC-422ACC5B8C16.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
It’s that time of year again, I take a week off in the spring and catch up on projects, this year we were able to finish up some work on the 68! The body work is done, we got all the way to base coat but had some problems with the gun settings so I decided to stop and let it cure up before I block sand and give it a go again. Yesterday I was able to get the inside of the bed raptor lined.

Attachments

• IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2502.jpeg
    IMG_2502.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 20