7-13 constrictor Post run thread

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Well there are 7 pages of jibber on the thread of lets wheel. So lets start another thread.
I show up at the turn off of the road at like 9:30 and surprisingly the crew was still getting off the trailers.
I see shawn in his rig, kurt in the shotgun seat.
Von in the Don't drink the water mobile....
Oliver (cant spell ollie right) in his fubar fj60 with a couple riders
two jeep guys
Greg on foot
Andy? in the EB?

Well I go to meet them at rattlesnake so I can take pics. I am trying to find the short tailings pile so I can walk back to the falls and take good pics. I get all turned around and end up on some road that goes from good to bad to nothing. Im in 2wd cus drivers hub is broken. I end up trying to get turned around and get stuck going down hill with my nose in a BIG tree and the dirt behind me too soft for traction. I finally stack enough rocks and bounce off the tree enough I was able to get free under my own power in 3wd. But I am now 20 minutes later.

I jump on top of the BIG tailings pile and right away I see the base of the small pile. I go bomb over there and brandon (suka B) and a modest jeep and a decent EB (names are not me) are all waiting around cuz EB has overheating issues. I show up run smack and ask where the crew was on rattlesnake. B tells me at the falls. I'm like well so much for pictures by the time I get down there they will be gone. So we sit for a few 20-30min. and decide to go show the new guys the mines. I hit a big ol hole and broke off my lower rear shock bracket on rear axle. oh well. The three of us go dink around at the tailing pile and then head for constrictor. I deside to run up so I can get the camera all ready and everything. So we run to the trailhead and wait, and wait, and wait. Well there's another 30min. LETS WHEEL. So we go up about half way and and the eb is overheating. We stop and wait. Still no shawn and crew...WTF?
We drive past the fang to the waterfall and wait... and wait. Well about 12:30? EB guy said he had heard some of the crew comming. We wait. I get bored and go walking high to see what I can see. Well finally I see they are at the first main obstical just BS'ing not driving.
I get down there and von had vapor locked or something. He pulled out a water bottle with gas in it to start the truck. Had a few of us fooled it was water.
He decides he's done.
So the rest of the crew goes up there and everyones doing good, untill oliver twists his stock shaft right in half. In front wheel drive he manipulates himself off the trial and goes for a jog to some truck a long ways away ( I think the pavement) to fetch the spare shaft. We had one of the jeeps get a small puncture in a sidewall that was fixed easy.
Everyone hits the fall and winches it.
I think andy EB broke a long side u-joint in his 44? but has spares so they deside to winch him up the rest of the way and he drives to a good spot to fix it.
Then after a few ollie shows up fixed and one of the jeeps with a dana30? broke a stub side shaft and joint and was having some serios issues getting the rig to move at all.
I left.
I have a roll of film and am dropping it off tonight.
Shawn could take stills off the video on the puter and post em? :D
thats all for now.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Oh and that trail is getting SOOOOO stacked full of rocks, it's loosing half the challenge. Shawn fint another fun trail.......

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well the guy you thought was Andy was James K, and the EB was a Jeepster.

Yep, 3 broken axles shafts,
1 broken D shaft,
1 broken Lockwrong (TBD),
1 Trany that wouldn't work right,

And me, I finally completed Constrictor. My photo dude must have been sleeping, I only have two pics...

fbae88b2.jpg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Glad you guys had fun. It was cool to finally check out RS and meet some of you guys, but Constrictor will have to wait until I bring the Yota or Carl's buggy is back to it's normal self. :(

sukaB

Banned
Damn it was nice to wheel after all that work last week...
I'm starting this wheeling every weekend thing so chime up chumps if you want to run....
We had a good time, Marc's Bronco did well cosidering it was it's first run.....
Need to work on the heating thing...
I was so close to climbing that damn thing....Soon it shall be mine......
Peace out..

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by Schwan
Well the guy you thought was Andy was James K, and the EB was a Jeepster.

Yep, 3 broken axles shafts,
1 broken D shaft,
1 broken Lockwrong (TBD),
1 Trany that wouldn't work right,

And me, I finally completed Constrictor. My photo dude must have been sleeping, I only have two pics...

fbae88b2.jpg

It was fun.

EB? :rolleyes:

Two pics? I thought his whole purpose was to take pictures:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by James K
...Two pics? I thought his whole purpose was to take pictures:D

I could swear I took more than that... I did get alot of video footage, should be some pretty good stuff. I missed all the breaks however I think Shawn got Ollies blowing up... :D

Good times, Shawns new suspension fits the bill, he walked the hard line on the RS waterfall (and yes I filmed that!) and he walked through Con without a nary. I got to give it to Kevin, Ollie and Sully (sp?) for giving it a hell of a try. And to James for finishing the remainder of the trail in 3wd (and the Eagles nest on Con does not mean the end of the difficult stuff, it gets rough up there).

The trail has been subject to ALOT of change since the first time we ran it months ago, such is life, its a great trail, pave it as much as you want, flash flooding occurs.... :D

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
ok i drove my cruiser home in front wheel drive....it sucked sooo bad!!! pulled a nice little wheelstand in reverse with the tires cranked strugling to back it into the drive....spectator said about 2 feet of air....good times!!!

DAMAGE REPORT!!!!
after a small cool down period i drained the diff and pulled the rear cover off and to my surprise......NOT MR LOCK WRONG....
ANOTHER CENTER PIN!!! it sheered into two pieces and and fell out of the carrior and out of the way of about everything... was held by the plug magnet!! :eek: ... locker looks fine... carrior is badly wallowed out, everything else looks fine...

estimated cost of repair due to past experiances......$30....:D

HAD A BLAST!!
cant wait to chop my rear end off some and give it another try!!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by cruiser
...estimated cost of repair due to past experiances......$30....:D...

Time to put one of those in your spare parts bin... I have honestly never heard of someone breaking center pins like you... but you never cease to amaze me...

I gaurantee you this, the static force of the Lockwrong loading and unloading, along with your heavy truck and a leadfoot ....seems like a reasonable explanation for the break, I want to check out the broken pin... for testing of course!