79 chief

jeeper12

Madd Matt
79 cherokee

1979 Jeep cherokee, $3000 obo, 4" BJ's offroad springs and 2" body lift. Dana 44 axels with 4.10's, lockright locker in rear and ARB locker in front axel. Rebuilt V8 360 and TH400 Tranmission. Six states drive shafts, Black diamond shocks. Engine mounted air compressor, 35" Mikey Thompson Baja claws on 17" black rims. Warn 8500 lbs winch. Moving to Texas in 4 weeks need this thing gone asap. Text and email during day, call evenings. (eight01)-388-1787

Attachments

• FullSizeJeep1.jpg
    FullSizeJeep1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

jeeper12

Madd Matt
its a four door, chiefs come in two and four door models, i've checked trust me. As for how it does on the road, excellent. The 4.10 gears that I forgot to previously mention push those 35's easily. Make me a reasonable offer and you can take it home. :)

Last edited:
wow i've owned a few chiefs and waggy's i always thought the chiefs only came in a 2 door wide track, or a 2 door narrow track and the regular cherokee's and waggy's were the 4 door.

i may stand corrected!

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
its a four door, chiefs come in two and four door models, i've checked trust me.

I respectfully disagree. I lived, breathed, and ate FSJ's for like 10yrs. :D The 4-door is a model 18, wide track 2-doors are model 17's.

Just for information's sake, I am going to quote from my 1979 factory TSM:

Cherokee Models:
For 1979, three Cherokee models are offered: the base 2-door model 16, the Wide Track model 17, and the 4-door model 18. See figures A-3, A-4, and A-5.
The 2-door model 16 is a dual-purpose vehicle in the sports/utility class featuring an all-steel top, front disc brakes, and fold-up rear seat as standard.
The Wide Track model 17 features steel wheel opening extensions to accommodate 10-inch by 15-inch tires mounted on 8-inch wide, styled-steel wheels.
The 4-door model 18 features the convenience of rear doors in a station wagon-type vehicle. The model 18 has the same grille and taillamps as the other Cherokee models.
Two trim packages are offered for 1979 Cherokee models. The "S" package is available on all Cherokee models. The Chief package is available on the model 17. Both trim packages feature deluxe interior trim and carpeting, chrome bumpers, and unique exterior trim.
Refer to the Power Train Combinations Chart in this section for engine and transmission availability.

jeeper12

Madd Matt
I have no reason to disagree I bought it as it is a few years ago and tried reselling a year later. I had the same conversation come up between fsj fans until a guy who used to work for jeep posted the original ad for the Cherokee chief with 4 doors. That is where I got my info. As for gas mileage between 12 and 14 mile to gallon

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Right on... Jeep put out a few ads with no corresponding actual model, and also put some actual models with no supporting literature. I'm gonna say yours is one of those kinds of oddball. At any rate it's a solid Jeep. :D

Carry on. :D And thanks for making me miss my 2dr Chiefs. :(

jeeper12

Madd Matt
thanks guys, hopefully someone will pick up the enthusiasm and buy this quick, i need it gone asap to fund my family's move from here to texas. If someone makes me a reasonable offer i'd sell quick