8.8 swap

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
So I'm getting ready to swap the 8.8 into the grand, figured I'd keep you guys updated :D
I've got the axle all ready to go for the most part except for the brackets. I know teraflex has the control arm/trackbar brackets I need, but was wondering about the coil buckets. I'm thinking I'll just get these guys, but wanted to know if you guys knew of any others that I might be able to find cheaper or local.
:greg:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
We have the coil buckets too, but they're a lot more expensive than the link you posted. ;)

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
When I did my 8.8 swap in my grand I bought all my brackets from the link that chocflip listed....thats including, upper and lower coil retainers, LCA brackets, and then the shock mounts I bought from ruffstuff.. I can get you the PN to all of it if you want....PM me.

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Sorry Carl, not meaning to steer Jeeperman away from you, but just saying this is who I would use. Pocket change more expensive than the CopperheadFab, but a far better product IMO.
good call, I must have just looked right over those, lol. Thanks :D

When I did my 8.8 swap in my grand I bought all my brackets from the link that chocflip listed....thats including, upper and lower coil retainers, LCA brackets, and then the shock mounts I bought from ruffstuff.. I can get you the PN to all of it if you want....PM me.

P/N's would be great :D thanks for the help guys!

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
1009-1 Lower axle link bracketsAxle Diameter: 3.25 inchDegrees Offset: 0 degrees Price: $27.99Qty: 1

1066-1 Coil spring Frame mount with retainersBox mount width: 3 inch Price: $29.99Qty: 1

1038-3 Coil plate mounts with retainers (both sides)Axle tube diameter: 3.25" Price: $24.99Qty: 1

Thats everything I used, i didn't end up using the 1066 part number....I still have them if you decide you want to use them. For Upper control arms I did a truss from claytons...thats the LA I installed on my grand.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Its really a simple swap. I have only done one swap, but this one just seemed to go smooth for me....lot's of stuff switches right over from the d35...so all you have to do is a bunch of measuring and then weld on the brackets/perches

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Finally time for an update, lol. Thanks chocoflip for steering me towards Ballistic, I ended up getting my coil buckets from them and thanks to Carl for the others.
This has now turned into not just an 8.8 swap, but to an 8.8, HP30, 231 swap....and 3" with long arms from Carl as well. :D
I still need shocks and tires, but the lift is going on tomorrow night, and the axles/t-case will follow. I'm hoping I'll be able to join a few of you down in Moab Thanksgiving weekend...we'll see though.
Pictures coming soon....

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Progress has been made! The lift is almost done, I just need to finish welding the rear lower control arm brackets on, put the shocks and rear bumpstops on, and retighten everything. Thanksgiving in Moab isn't going to work out, so the axles are going in next weekend, most likely. I'll try and get a few pictures up tomorrow.

Stefen

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
I'm terrible at keeping this thing updated, lol.

The lift and tires are on :greg: I got some KM2's for it and, thus far, I love them. I only have two problems. For whatever reason, the rear end sits about 1.5'' taller than the front, so I need to throw the pucks in. And the lift moved the rear axle way too far forward, so I picked up some adjustable uppers from N8RB8R, I just need to throw those in as well.

here's a driveway shot...

13541_512509381962_203100003_30452173_4008129_n.jpg