82 Crew Cab

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
I got this beast a few months ago with plans for turning it into a trail/expedition rig. It's got the 6.2 diesel in it with only 104,000 miles. A little underpowered from the factory so I found a used ATS turbo kit and, with the help of a few buddies, (rotbox) installed it for a little more BOOST in power.:D I ordered 5 H1 12 bolt rims with the 37" tires and PVC inserts from a guy on pirate for $1150 shipped!! So now I'm getting all the gear I need to do 52" chevy springs in the front and a shackle flip in the rear for about a 4" inch lift and a pretty decent flexy suspension. I'll keep the pics comin as I do more:D Here's the ol' girl as it is now (minus the running boards):)

Attachments

• 8117291.jpg
    8117291.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 8117296.jpg
    8117296.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 8117267.jpg
    8117267.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
No I'm going makin it a non dually. Sorry I should have been a little more specific:D Thats the reason for the H1 rims, for the no off set to compensate for the wider dually D60 front axle. In the back I'll have to run a 2.5" adapter spacer. I've also toy'd with the idea of making it short bed. But we'll see what happen's I'm still just gettin ideas.:)

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm sure you've already seen "Cousin Willard", ORD's awesome crew-cab-turned-shortbed. Its' maybe my favorite all-around vehicle. They boatsided it and set it up w/coils up front... Should be at EJS again, if you get to the vendor's show.

Are those dually fenders in good shape? I could use them if they are. :D Actually, how's the whole bed? I'm getting a pristine SRW bed pretty soon, that I was going to convert....

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
I'm sure you've already seen "Cousin Willard", ORD's awesome crew-cab-turned-shortbed. Its' maybe my favorite all-around vehicle. They boatsided it and set it up w/coils up front... Should be at EJS again, if you get to the vendor's show.

Are those dually fenders in good shape? I could use them if they are. :D Actually, how's the whole bed? I'm getting a pristine SRW bed pretty soon, that I was going to convert....

The fenders are in great shape. The bed is ok, has some surface rust and a small dent in the rear by the bumper. I'd trade for a clean SRW long bed or when I get ready and take it off I'll be selling it so I can buy a SRW bed:)

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Short story for you. I was walking the streets of a town on the west coast of Wales (in the land of very small cars) when I hear this loud rumble. I knew right away it was a big block. I ran to the end of the street where I saw this 3+3 drw trying to work its way down this pretty narrow road. I never though seeing a old beater Chevy Crew would make me so happy.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
A little underpowered from the factory so I found a used ATS turbo kit and, with the help of a few buddies, (rotbox) installed it for a little more BOOST in power.:D

The 7.3 systems are bad enough, but after yours I decided that ATS was on meth when they designed their turbo kits :ugh:

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
The 7.3 systems are bad enough, but after yours I decided that ATS was on meth when they designed their turbo kits :ugh:

Ya they like to make things. . . difficult. Haha:D Good thing there's not alot of torque to rock the motor back and fourth so the GIANT manifold doesn't hit the frame:rofl:

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Short story for you. I was walking the streets of a town on the west coast of Wales (in the land of very small cars) when I hear this loud rumble. I knew right away it was a big block. I ran to the end of the street where I saw this 3+3 drw trying to work its way down this pretty narrow road. I never though seeing a old beater Chevy Crew would make me so happy.

Thats funny, my little brother said the same thing when he was in Switzerland. :rofl:

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Got some free time so I decided to put one of my tire's on to see how she looks. Kinda funny lookin with out a lift on it:rofl: Definitly needs lift job fo sho:D

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 39