82 Crew Cab

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Bout time!!

Well I finally got going on my truck. I ordered ORD's 4" shackle flip kit for the rear and the tough country 4" HD springs for the front. So to start getting ready I took the dually hips off and put the tires on the rear. I decided to just run this bed for now till I find a diff one. I know a while back tacoma wanted to trade but its been a while. The dually sides are in great shape if anyone wants to buy:) Anyway here's some pics. These are kind before/after shots.

Attachments

• truck 006.jpg
    truck 006.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 33
  • truck 004.jpg
    truck 004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 23
  • truck 007.jpg
    truck 007.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 26
  • truck 005.jpg
    truck 005.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 27

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Also I noticed that with my D70 my wheels sit about perfect with no spacers but to match the front I'll need 2 inchs more width on each side. Should I get bolt on spacers for the rear and get fender flares? Or leave the rear how it is, get D60 SRW front hubs and put the bolt on spacers in the front. I'm kinda leaning more to not putting spacers in the front but want to know ppl's opinion. thanks:D

Attachments

• truck 008.jpg
    truck 008.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8
  • truck 009.jpg
    truck 009.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 7

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Also I noticed that with my D70 my wheels sit about perfect with no spacers but to match the front I'll need 2 inchs more width on each side. Should I get bolt on spacers for the rear and get fender flares? Or leave the rear how it is, get D60 SRW front hubs and put the bolt on spacers in the front. I'm kinda leaning more to not putting spacers in the front but want to know ppl's opinion. thanks:D

I'd go for the SRW hubs. That'll likely make your rear wider than the front, though? You may need to swap the rear diff to a 14 bolt (super easy).

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
I'd go for the SRW hubs. That'll likely make your rear wider than the front, though? You may need to swap the rear diff to a 14 bolt (super easy).

The rear as it is now is almost perfect so I don't want to go shorter. I'll either leave the rear and change the front hubs and add spacers to it or put 2" spacers on the rear to match the dually front 60.

cheepin

Are you saying the front is wider?If so leave it that way.It really helps with turning.From factory the rear is 3" narrower.Helps it track straight and decrease turning radius.

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Are you saying the front is wider?If so leave it that way.It really helps with turning.From factory the rear is 3" narrower.Helps it track straight and decrease turning radius.

Ya the front is 77ish wide and the D70 I have in the rear is 72 or 73ish. I've never heard that but maybe I'll try that out. I just don't want it to look funny with the front to much wider than the rear.:eek:

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Well it was sunny out so I decided to throw the front tires on to see how much it was wider thasn the front. It is by about 2" but all in all I don't think it looks to bad. I'll prob just run it at this for now till I can find and afford SRW D60 front hubs and spacers for the front. I hope my lift comes soon so I can steer without destroying my fenders!!!:)

Attachments

• truck 014.jpg
    truck 014.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 16
  • truck 013.jpg
    truck 013.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 13
  • truck 012.jpg
    truck 012.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 12
  • truck 011.jpg
    truck 011.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 14
  • truck 010.jpg
    truck 010.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
  • truck 015.jpg
    truck 015.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 15
  • truck 016.jpg
    truck 016.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
  • truck 017.jpg
    truck 017.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 20

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
I thought about it and wish I could go with the 3" and not the 4" lift but its to late its on its way. I love how it sits now I just don't want to chop it up to much to be able to steer. I think I will leave the hubs alone, they look ok. I do think it looks awesome low thou.

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Is it. . . november CHRISTMAS!! Yay! New parts so play with. Accept my front springs. They're not here yet:(

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 10

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Got the springs yesterday and decided to start with the front. Still need to do some trimming but I don't think I'll have to do to much.:)

Attachments

• truck 019.jpg
    truck 019.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 7
  • truck 022.jpg
    truck 022.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 7
  • truck 018.jpg
    truck 018.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 8
  • truck 020.jpg
    truck 020.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 8
  • truck 021.jpg
    truck 021.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
My in-laws will love that when they get home in the summer :D

How's that camper working out for you? Seems like it's a decent unit?

Haha ya I'm sure they wonder about the Crocketts next door sometimes. The Hawkins are awesome neighbors to have. I just got this camper about 2 weeks ago. I love it so far. I hope to get my truck all done and do some trekin this winter and lots of camping in the summer. I had that alaskan camper before that was ok but a little heavy and not near as nice as this hallmark.