82 Jeep Scrambler

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
124555-1394062846-802003.jpg124555-1394062859-777918.jpg124555-1394062827-955178.jpg124555-1394062862-857223.jpg124555-1394062871-110971.jpg124555-1394062847-163360.jpg

-Chevy 350 Engine, runs very strong
-Custom built 700r4 transmission
-Dana 300 transfer case
-Dana 44 Axles, 4.56 gears, Detroit lockers (front and back)
-4" lift with out boarded springs
-soft top bikini top
-hard doors (fiberglass), soft doors, plus safari doors
-comfortable bucket seats with harness seat belts
-aluminum radiator

Call me at 801-450-four zero seven five with questions

Asking $7,000

Last edited:

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
I would like to see pics posted, may be a long shot to get it past my wife, but would like to at least see it. Is it road worthy etc? Fuel injected or carb?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Gah!!!! want

I tried to apply the logic of mbryson's build on this one. Keeping it simple, and all of the parts can be found in a Checker Auto. I think that the biggest difference is mbryson's jeep gets used, mine has seemed to sit in a garage WAY too much.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I would like to see pics posted, may be a long shot to get it past my wife, but would like to at least see it. Is it road worthy etc? Fuel injected or carb?

Yes it is road worthy, and Utah street legal. You will notice that the front bumper is narrow, but there is a custom made bumper that attaches to pockets the photos don't show. This custom bumper slides in, and satisfies the Utah code. It is Throttle Body Injected. The donor engine and transmission came from a 1990 GMC full sized van.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Tempted to sell the JK and snag this. .... a bit much for a daily driver but its probably not bad at all?

It would not be a very comfortable daily driver, but it could be used. You would want to think through some of the cold and snow days before you wanted this to be a daily driver.

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
That is pretty awesome I saw it on KSL, are those 33's or 35's on it? And based upon description and pictures I am going to guess 2.5 inch lift springs and 1.5 inch lift shackles? How does it ride, pretty stiff?

This may also be a dumb question since it's a Jeep (which equals odometer never reads right even when it works, and it has the aerodynamics of a cinder brick driving down the road, not to mention V8) but what kind of MPG does it get? Be really hard to justify to the wife bringing home another vehicle that gets 12 mpg.

BTW way cool rig.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
That is pretty awesome I saw it on KSL, are those 33's or 35's on it? And based upon description and pictures I am going to guess 2.5 inch lift springs and 1.5 inch lift shackles? How does it ride, pretty stiff?

This may also be a dumb question since it's a Jeep (which equals odometer never reads right even when it works, and it has the aerodynamics of a cinder brick driving down the road, not to mention V8) but what kind of MPG does it get? Be really hard to justify to the wife bringing home another vehicle that gets 12 mpg.

BTW way cool rig.

35" BFG mud terrain tires. Fairly new, the spare has never been in the ground. The springs are 4" Tuff Country, still spring under. The springs ride soft.

When I was driving it more often I kept fairly good fuel records. Going back to those I was getting 12-16 MPG. It is so fun to hear the engine growl that I usually drive it with a pretty heavy foot :) The MPG from wheeling trips came to around 8 MPG when it is in Moab.

PS - I think if this jeep had sometime with someone who can tune that TBI better than I can it would get better MPG. For me it has ran really strong, and has not been driven enough for me to worry about MPG too much.

Last edited:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The battery was replaced last fall. It has not been started for awhile so I went out today to find that the battery was drained. With a short charge it had enough for the starter to barely turn it over. As soon as it had compression it started right up. This engine has always started really easily.