For Sale 97' Jeep Cherokee

ozzy702

Asking Price
$5000
Back when I only had two kids I started building this XJ as a family camping/wheeling rig. Fast forward a few years and we had five kids and I lost all motivation to build it. Jeep sat for a few years and I'm finally biting the bullet on selling it (and my built 93' Toyota pickup) because we're really just into mnt biking, hiking and camping as a family and I have a 2nd Gen Sequoia I'm building to serve the family.

This is a mechanic/fabricator special that will need to be finished and will be priced accordingly. 151,734 miles on the odometer.

I can't remember everything in it (it's been several years) but off the top of my head here goes. Around 5k in parts alone.
It does run and drive, but it has older gas (I did put stabilizer in it before parking) and I'd plan on towing it since it's not registered. Like I said, everything needs to be gone through and finished/polished up.

Front - High Pinion Dana 30 - 4.56 Gears + ARB + Chomo shafts + New Timken Axle Bearings + sleeved
Rear - Chrysler 8.25" - 4.56 Gears + Lockright + Chromo shafts
Willing to throw in New in box ARB CKSA12 compressor for cheap with sale if wanted/needed.
Liquid Iron Industries unibody plating
I believe aftermarket motor mounts but I can't remember on that one.
Homebuilt 3-link front suspension - ~ 4" lift.
Bilstein Remote Reservoir shocks up front with limit straps.
33's (likely too old to trust)
Crossover steering
Hitch (not mounted yet)
Slip yoke eliminator kit and shifter fix kit
New rear CV Driveshaft
New Gibson exhaust + Header.
1 month old new battery
New Windshield

I don't know where to begin on price and am trying to be fair and not a "I know what I've got" kind a guy so I'll start with 5k. Any reasonable offer will be considered. Popping it on here before KSL and other 4x4 forums/sites.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll also be posting my 93' Toyota Pickup for sale soon too. Would absolutely consider a package price for the both.

2023-04-17 13.47.37.jpg

12605540_10101076564005834_3506116006903659087_o.jpg

12628581_10101076564000844_7691935748790085741_o.jpg

Last edited:

ozzy702

Looks like a clean solid starting point for an XJ build. I wish I didn’t have 13 other projects already.
For the right person it should be a steal and work really well. Honestly doesn't need much to be solid, I just don't have the time, energy and motivation. Way too much going on with five kids 10yo and under, work, wife's business, new home, etc.

ozzy702

Price drop, $4,500 and posted my Toyota. @ID Bronco

Last edited:

ozzy702

2023-09-26 17.00.50.jpg

2023-09-26 17.01.37.jpg

2023-09-26 17.01.40.jpg

Had some requests to see the belly pan and make sure it's not rusted out. Again, this is not a perfect vehicle, it's not immaculate, it needs work from someone that is a half way decent back yard mechanic/fab but the bones are there and worst case you could probably part it out for quite a bit. I'm not interested in parting out despite many many people asking me to, I don't have the time/energy these days. I'd like to see it go to a good home and finished.
I am selling it "as is, offroad use only" just so nobody thinks they can/should hop in and drive it as is. It should be gone through with a fine tooth comb.

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
what’s the interior look like? I’m not sure another project is right for me at this time but I’m trying to convince my kid to buy an xj