98 TJ lean to the right

Verceingetorix

jeep lean

It could be alot of things. First off how old is the lift, has it been wheeled hard, have lots of heavy compents on it winch, ect. I would look first to see if the coils are sagging then I would look to make sure that one of the arms is not bent. It could be as simple as a blown shock but most likely it is a sagging coil spring.

The lift has about 2000 miles on it. There dosn't appear to be any damage to the lift no dents only a couple small scratches on the arms. New skyjacker hydro shocks.

Don

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
This won't be of much help, as it doesn't give a solution. Most TJs I have seen have a bit of a lean to them. The torque reaction of the motor 'twists' the jeep to the right. I use this to advantage when I have the front driver wheel in the air (stand on the brake and rev the motor a bit - brings that tire up even higher).

but I digress.....I think it results in slightly 'overused' springs on that right side, thus your lean. Not sure if this is the whole story, but it is a contributor.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My Jeep is leaning to the right 1/2" from one side to other:mad: . What will cause this:sick: ? It has a Full Traction 6" long arm lift. Any help would be useful.

Don

Stop listening to Sean Hannity on your Jeeps radio ;). On my jeep I also have a lean to the right and I found that the front right body mount was lower than the mount on the other side. If you want to see if it is the springs or shocks swap the shocks (then front springs) left to right, measure it between the swaps, and if that does nothing swap the rear shocks and springs and see if the lean swaps sides.

chadschoon

i have the same kit, it sagged on the passengers rear, i think due to the tourqe of the motor. my dont sag anymore i figured out how to solve the problem. coilovers :)

1993yj

I have the same lean to my pass rear, and I have leafs. It has always been there, even when I replace the leafs, all the way around, with brand new ones. I have learned to just ignore it since I have tried many times to make it go away. I think it is just a jeep thing.