Northern Utah a.f. canyon

amp713

we were going to run it Saturday but I found out the wife has to leave by 2 for her bachelorette in PC and we live 2 hours away so now I'm not sure if its worth driving all the way out to run it for only a few hours..... but we will see....

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Anyone know the conditions up there?

Open but likely wet and soft in many places. There is still snow towards the top of many trails. Some are still impassable.

Have fun, but be careful and mindful of trail conditions - don't tear things up!

I'd be interested in going up Friday Saturday or Sunday for a drive even. I've never driven the trail though, is it pretty difficult? I'm still new to the crowd but my boys and I had a great time at the training day.

amp713

I'm not gonna be out there, the soon to be wife has her bachelorette party on Saturday and has to be ready and leaving for Park City by 2 so I decided to not risk it.

rholbrook

My son Harrison rode up there on the motorcycles yesterday with some friends. He had a riot as expected. I hope you Utah Co people know how lucky you are to have something so great so close. I wish we had something like this in Davis County.

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
I was up there yesterday..... And I couldn't get up to forest lake either. They've closed off the "easy access" point right at the start of the trail, and my tires didn't let me go very far at the boulders at the start....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I was up there yesterday..... And I couldn't get up to forest lake either. They've closed off the "easy access" point right at the start of the trail, and my tires didn't let me go very far at the boulders at the start....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures of said closure?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Pictures of said closure?

IIRC, the left side at the top of the initial climb out of the creek has been fenced off (it bypassed the boulder section.) I don't know this, but from the looks of the fence it wasn't part of the original trail, and was simply fenced off to keep people on the trail. It has been over a year since I've been up there though... That particular section of the trail has become MUCH more difficult over the years.