A pivotal day with Britney

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
that first obstacle has changed a bunch. I got a broup of ZJ's and WJ's through there last June. It looks pretty similar to how it looked then---hard to tell from the pictures.

Badbuggy

rock star
You guys are right, I thought so when I was there, went back and looked at old pictures, November 04. (this is a wheelin buddy)

Attachments

• yb rock movement.jpg
    yb rock movement.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 66

Badbuggy

rock star
Lets get on with it. Ever since the last time over there, I couldn't quit thinking about Britney. (sure sounds weird) The first time, I ran it uphill on the left side and down on the right. This time I drove over to the right side, unloaded my photographer, and sidekick, Shelby. I picked a line aimed and drove up without slipping a tire. Once on top of the first ledge, things got really hard. I ended up doing a rear dig, in a spot that rear steer would have made it much easier. There is a wicked overhang that swallows a 42.
10 feet past the first climb, centered on the "trail" is a big pointy pumpkin killer. I tried to go on each side a couple of times but it looked hopeless. Then I found a good spot and slowly crawled, sawing the wheel until I got that magical square inch of traction that I had not gotten before. UP I went.
The crowd, (5 people) cheered and hooted like I had just won the world series. It really felt amazing.

Attachments

• Britney1mix.jpg
    Britney1mix.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 32
  • britneyclimbmix 2.jpg
    britneyclimbmix 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Britneyclimbmix3.jpg
    Britneyclimbmix3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 36
Lets get on with it. Ever since the last time over there, I couldn't quit thinking about Britney. (sure sounds weird) It really felt amazing.

First of all, it felt amazing, because it was freakin' awesome! I have no idea where that traction suddenly came from, but you made that obstacle your b!tch! Now, let's get on with it. I apologize it's taken me awhile to get going on this, but we didn't get home until 3:00 this morning, so I'm a bit on the tired side. We'll start with some pictures....

On Saturday we caught a glimpse of the elusive flying gremlins that love the desert!
Easter Jeep 2007 019 (Large).jpg
Easter Jeep 2007 020 (Large).jpg

And the master shows us how to get it done!
Easter Jeep 2007 047 (Medium).jpg
The "hopeless" part of the trail. I really wasn't sure whether or not he was going to be making it out of this section under his own power.
Easter Jeep 2007 050 (Medium).jpg

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
hmmm Yellow Bronco... Saturday Night run... -_- I knew it was you.:eek:
I was in the parking lot when you unloaded. :hickey:
You should have come over, we love guests!:)
We saw you guys coming out of Poison Spider before you got to the switchbacks.
It sure was a great night to be out wasn't it?

It is fun to follow Yellow Bronco. I bet he could find some way to lay it over on the salt flats at 2 mph. :cool:
Heeeeey! -_-

Now, continuing on with the story of what happens when Yellowbronco gets all jacked up on Mt. Dew and goes rockcrawling...:)

I believe we left off at the big ole pointy rock that he was going to "pivot" around.

Approaching said rock
Easter Jeep 2007 066 (Medium).jpg
Pivot!
Easter Jeep 2007 067 (Large).jpg
And we're still not pivoting...
Easter Jeep 2007 070 (Large).jpg
Easter Jeep 2007 075 (Large).jpg
And now the latest trend in rockcrawling, your very own rig as a lazy susan! :)
Easter Jeep 2007 078 (Large).jpg

I think this is where the pivoting was supposed to happen...:ugh:
Easter Jeep 2007 082 (Large).jpg
The rock started it, Yellowbronco finished it! ;)
Easter Jeep 2007 086 (Large).jpg
And Lemon Joy is free to fight another day!
Easter Jeep 2007 090 (Large).jpg

And the fun will continue tomorrow. Must....go....to....bed....

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
Now, continuing on with the story of what happens when Yellowbronco gets all jacked up on Mt. Dew and goes rockcrawling...:)

I believe we left off at the big ole pointy rock that he was going to "pivot" around.

-_-
I will go back...and I will pivot!!

raysmuffler

Rhino not mules going across the "Crack"

Here are some better pics of our Yamaha Rhinos going across the crack. Golden Spike is a fun trail and gave us very little problem. The crack was the only hard part beside double whammy. We skipped double whammy for obvious reasons as did most of the other Jeeps that were there Saturday.

Attachments

• P1000154.JPG
    P1000154.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Badbuggy

rock star
raysmuffler;407067 We skipped double whammy for obvious reasons as did most of the other Jeeps that were there Saturday.[/QUOTE said:
Hi Raysmuffler, Looks like your first post, welcome. You guys did really well crossing the crack. Even though they look like golf carts, I was impressed.:D
But when you say "other Jeeps" which way do you mean that? :D :D

raysmuffler

What I meant by "other jeeps" was the jeeps that had a short wheelbase and would have a hard time making it up double whammy. I saw one very short wheelbase jeep almost role before he decided to take the bypass. Hope I didn't offend you with the term "other jeeps" ?

Badbuggy

rock star
Pivoting sounded like a good idea....... The problem here is it is hard to pivot off sheet metal. :-\

Attachments

• pivotproblems.jpg
    pivotproblems.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 16

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Great pics guys! Looks like an incredibly fun time, wish I was there instead of sitting in a hotel 7 hrs from Moab. :sick: Any more pics?

raysmuffler

Hey BadBuggy, I don't mean to hijack this thread but, you asked "What other trails have you guys run with those things?" so I thought I would show you a few pics of trails I bet you should recognize.

Constrictor was a very fun trail. Had to break out the winch only one time to get over the "Eagles Nest" but who doesn't have too on that one. I know some of you don't but I wasn't ashamed to use mine on it.

Attachments

• Constrictor.JPG
    Constrictor.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 12
  • eagle nest bottom.JPG
    eagle nest bottom.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 30
  • eagle nest top.JPG
    eagle nest top.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 11

raysmuffler

Heard of Wayne's World haven't ya?