A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

Bart

Checking in today and again am so impressed with the volunteers, input, and support. I do hope someone can get up there today and make sure it is still ok. I like the generator and drill idea and think the anchors are going to help make this work. Keep the positive thoughts coming and I'll see most of you at 07:30 at Tibble Fork. Wow, what an amazing turnout of support. You have to love and respect RME members.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Can we plan on a time to head out of Tibble? Say 730 or 745? Just don't want to hang around there forever.

StaticFilter

Checking in today and again am so impressed with the volunteers, input, and support. I do hope someone can get up there today and make sure it is still ok. I like the generator and drill idea and think the anchors are going to help make this work. Keep the positive thoughts coming and I'll see most of you at 07:30 at Tibble Fork. Wow, what an amazing turnout of support. You have to love and respect RME members.

I'm glad I could contribute an idea, hopefully it helps out, I know it makes easy work of pounding in ground rods, hopefully rear will show similar results

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Hey John, I'm home now and can come grab the drill and generator from you. Give me a call on the number I listed above. Thanks, Josh.

snwbrdr852

You're definitely not the only one that's impressed Bart. To have such an enormous response and so many willing to volunteer their time, equipment, and manpower for a total stranger is extremely humbling.
I hope you all understand that that fact is not lost on me.

On that note, it would be nice to know that the truck is still up there and patiently awaiting tomorrow's group. I'd hate to get up there in the morning and find out that I wasted everyone's time and energy preparing for nothing...

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Well actually even if it's a total loss for you it will still need to be removed so the man power will still be needed. Wish I could contribute tomorrow but I can not afford to take off of work. All the ideas I had have already been mentioned. Between putting pins on the drivers side up hill with snatch blocks and possibly the boards on the passenger side it should come out without incident.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
maverick just dropped off a pull pal and an extra cable that seems to be 100 feet long or so. So, I will bring that along.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'm all packed up for tomorrow. I've got a cooler full of water AllJeep.com paid for left over from the 5MP clean up so I'll bring that up and put it out for everyone.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
So I guess I better ask what the trail is like? Would my FZJ with a 2.5" lift and a read locker make it with little issue? I'm not familiar with this trail.
TIA

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
ok Josh (unstuck) has my drill... is someone taking a generator set up or do I need to run mine down to someone tonight or in the morning? Some one txt me seeing I have to be at work at 5pm tonight... number is posted in one of my other posts...
john

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I guess I better ask what the trail is like? Would my FZJ with a 2.5" lift and a read locker make it with little issue? I'm not familiar with this trail.
TIA

yeah you'll be fine. I took my bone stock EX. Cab Z71 up it a couple years ago, wouldn't recommend that but any 4x4 with better clearance will be fine up there.

Bart

TIA

Be ready for a lot of Rocky Mountain pinstriping. The trail is narrow.

sixstringsteve

Any 4x4 with better clearance will be fine up there.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this one. I hear the trail is a lot tougher this year. There was a section where I needed 4-lo and my locker to get up it. It's equivalent to the off-camber section on Mineral Basin. I suppose I could have hammered down and spun up it. A great driver might be ok in a stock rig, but I definitely wouldn't tell people they could do it. :D

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this one. I hear the trail is a lot tougher this year. There was a section where I needed 4-lo and my locker to get up it. I suppose I could have hammered down and spun up it. A great driver might be ok in a stock rig, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

It must have changed a lot then.

sixstringsteve

99% of the trail is totally doable in a stock 4x4. There's a section or two that would prove very challenging for a stock rig (unless you're a great driver, which you are, but not everyone is). I was honestly surprised that I ended up engaging my locker, I always thought of mary ellen as the easiest trail that needed 4-lo.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

has anyone double-checked today to make sure it's still up there?

WIth 8400 views in 2 days, I think it's safe to say that A LOT of people know it's up there. :(

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this one. I hear the trail is a lot tougher this year. There was a section where I needed 4-lo and my locker to get up it. It's equivalent to the off-camber section on Mineral Basin. I suppose I could have hammered down and spun up it. A great driver might be ok in a stock rig, but I definitely wouldn't tell people they could do it. :D

Whereabouts was that, Steve? When we drove it last year I didn't strictly need 4wd, and definitely not a locker or low range. Is this the washout that was starting along the cliff section before the base of the switchbacks?