A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Went Well. Most people are probably still on their way down. finished about 11:30. Bart broke down on the way up, and I think that added to time traveling in. The recovery took about 1.5 hours. It was such a smooth operation, it provided hardly any spectator enjoyment. We got plenty of video and photos to pass along.

We ended up digging some good trenches for the tires to follow, hooked winches to the drivers side to keep it stable, and he basically drove out.

Good work guys! Props to everyone that was involved, great to see the community rally around and help out a guy in need! :greg:

UFAB

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373055500902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373055500902.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 186
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373055521411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373055521411.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 170
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373055553721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373055553721.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 174

UFAB

I off to Filmore. Someone with videos and observance will chime in.

Lets say the electric hammer drill with double fisting generators worked great.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

I've got the video from Kevin B. I'll be picking up the video from Troy tonight. If anyone else has any video footage they'd like in the final video, I'd be happy to add it, just let me know.

Excellent work everyone! I knew Bart and the team could do it.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I've got the video from Kevin B. I'll be picking up the video from Troy tonight. If anyone else has any video footage they'd like in the final video, I'd be happy to add it, just let me know.

Excellent work everyone! I knew Bart and the team could do it.

I've got some video, is there a way for me to upload it to the interwebz and for you to download it.

Team1k

Details, man, details! How many showed up? Did you use all the stuff you brought, or did you just will it with mind power back up onto the trail?

What broke on Bart's rig?

I believe 16 was the count. I used everything i brought which included a bunch of d-rings, 2 chains, tree saver, winch, and other odds n ends. I believe bart said a coil pack died? Ill try to find more pics of the recovery.
small.jpg

sixstringsteve

sure. You can use dropbox or google drive. or you can upload the entire thing to Youtube and I can download it from there. Or you're welcome to do your own edit if you'd prefer. Either way.

snwbrdr852

VICTORY!! Just got it home, but it looks like you guys have already heard.
I think we had around 16 guys, so once we all made it up there and decided on a plan, it went fairly quick.
Still a couple nerve-wracking moments, but no real issues. Between the trenches and those epic rebar anchor points, it was a pretty smooth operation.
Surprisingly, it didn't look like anyone had even touched it over the last couple days...

I can't even begin to tell you guys how grateful I am for all the help, in whatever form it's been given, to a total stranger.
You guys are awesome!!