A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
So did we leave the rebar stakes in place for future recoveries? or did they come back out? I think we should have left them there with the blessing of the forest service to help in the future!

Glad my hammer drill worked... what was the story with the gen set?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Saw the issue on expedition portal and decided to go along for the ride this morning. What an eye opening experience for a total neophyte off roader! A phenomenal group of guys who got me up what was far and away the worst ?road? my Land Cruiser and I had ever been on with only a few scrapes on my virgin sliders. It was incredible to watch this group of guys pull amazing amounts of gear out (including 2 generators and a hammer drill). Then they analyzed, planned and implemented- a great lesson for me all around. Thanks to all of you. I'll be visiting this site frequently in the future and look forward to meeting more of the crowd ( but please, on a little more mellow run to start out). Now it's time to take a nap and get rid of the adrenaline hang over.

You did great. Your Cruiser is an awesome platform to learn to wheel with.

I've got your gloves, by the way.

So did we leave the rebar stakes in place for future recoveries? or did they come back out? I think we should have left them there with the blessing of the forest service to help in the future!

Glad my hammer drill worked... what was the story with the gen set?

We never got your generator started. Appeared to be a fuel issue, maybe the carb needs rebuilt?

snwbrdr852

The stakes came out and Josh generously offered them to whoever was interested.

I wasn't really involved with the generators, but I know that the bigger one wouldn't start in the parking lot, so someone was able to grab a couple smaller ones that were nearby.

sixstringsteve

Saw the issue on expedition portal and decided to go along for the ride this morning. What an eye opening experience for a total neophyte off roader! A phenomenal group of guys who got me up what was far and away the worst ?road? my Land Cruiser and I had ever been on with only a few scrapes on my virgin sliders. It was incredible to watch this group of guys pull amazing amounts of gear out (including 2 generators and a hammer drill). Then they analyzed, planned and implemented- a great lesson for me all around. Thanks to all of you. I'll be visiting this site frequently in the future and look forward to meeting more of the crowd ( but please, on a little more mellow run to start out). Now it's time to take a nap and get rid of the adrenaline hang over.

Thanks to YOU for having such an awesome establishment as Moab Brewery.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Well done guys!! It's so good to constantly see the great group of people we have here, I wish I were closer to help more, but I did give a can of WD-40 to a guy today on the mountain today so he could change a flat not near as exciting as this, but I "helped" someone at least.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
shares!

9220274082_be72cc2108_b.jpg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This is why RME is my new church. I mean what is a church other than a collection of like minded people with similar beliefs who gather, share ideas, learn, help each other and their fellow man? RME 27th ward!!!!!!

I just went through this entire post and all I can say is what a great group happy to read everything went good ! Now only if our government could be more like this group!