A tribute to your high mileage car!

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Seeing as how my car is well over 300K I figured it could be shown a little appreciation...
My 1996 Toyota Avalon is on its original motor and tranny... It is maintained OK, and I would confidently drive it across the country tomorrow...:cool:
Let’s see your high mileage car:

Attachments

• av1.jpg
    av1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 11
  • av.jpg
    av.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 14
No pic but I have a 95 tercel with 190 on it. I think I am the 3rd owner and the car still runs fine. I think I might need to think about getting the timing belt changed soon. Just had a tune-up on it and still getting between 34-38 mpg.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Not mine, but TopTruckTom emailed me a pic the other day of his old Mitsubishi 3000GT hitting 300k. I've driven it a bunch back east and it's still tip-top. :D

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
Our company has a Chevy 6500 Tow truck with a Cat motor that has 300k+ miles on it, its on its 2nd tranny but the motor runs great

STAG

On my grind
My F-350 w/ the 7.3 diesel has 255k on it. Original motor and manual 6 spd trans. Runs like a champ too! also I bought it from my old boss and he bought it new, so I know the complete history of it. I'll see if I can find a pic.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
had a 1990 nissan maxima i got for 1400 bucks. put a new starter on it and drove it back and forth to idaho (7 trips,),cali (4 trips),and a trip to washington.

I got it with the OD reading 129k (didnt work) i looked on the car fax before i sold it and it was close to that back in 2001! so who knows how many miles it had.

before i sold it it was falling apart, rack was loose,balljoints where poping,clutch was weak,only the right front window worked. i could go on.

but she kept on going and the last i hurd the kid that got it says he drove it down to AZ with no problems.lol

OREGON85

from OREGON
My dad's work truck (about the size of a UPS or FedEx truck) has a chevy 350 with over 350K that's never been rebuilt. Still runs well. Ironically, my '85 Toyota is on it's third 22RE and the current one smokes like crazy and it only has about 225K on it (less than 40K on current motor).

01XJ

I tried looking for the picture again but there is a guy on jeepforums.com who posted a pic of his jeep having over 700k miles and still running on same motor:eek::confused: I didnt think a jeep would last that long.

Lka1988

poor college student
Close to 270K on my 91 Land Cruiser. Original motor and tranny (original ATF :eek::ugh:), never rebuilt. Original birfs had 265k. They weren't broken, but were getting pretty trashed. I replaced them with chromoly units.

No pic. Sorry.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
My 98 grand cherokee just turned over 43k this weekend. Still runs strong :D

My 95 grand cherokee just turned 140k. Still runs strong.

I forgot to mention the first 60K were spent towing a trailer and going off road. Had to change the transmission at 80K.

Last edited:

jp008

I tried looking for the picture again but there is a guy on jeepforums.com who posted a pic of his jeep having over 700k miles and still running on same motor:eek::confused: I didnt think a jeep would last that long.

My ZJ has almost 300K on it. Original engine.........not the same story with the trans though =[

Jedisdead

Jed
I got 273000 out of my runner with 31 on it most of its life that would be 300000. It still only died because the timing chain guide broke and plugged up the oil pickup at 3am. Damn it it i was making it home to springville from california and 215, and she did with no problems but scored bearings and a little tap tap tsp from the chain. lol

Chevycrew

My work truck, 97 chevy c2500, 237,000 still going strong on original 5.7L and 4l80e.

Not bad for a company owned truck that the employees drove.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
222,xxx miles on my daily-driver TDI Jetta... reliable as ever. It's been across the country many, MANY times since I've owned it. After driving this car all over, I'm a VW fan. :ugh:

191,xxx on the Lexus LX450... could be a daily driver if required. Gotta love Toyota quality. :hickey: