added another military vehicle to the family-now too many rigs-what would you do?

rondo

rondo
Added a 1941 command car to the family. Wife is going to be pissed! plenty of parking but too many vehicles. what to do? GPW WW2 parts jeep, GPW WW2 Jeep restored, rock crawler (Jeep), rock crawler Nissan Frontier, Chev pickup (tow rig), two army trailers.
1. where is the best place to get info and parts for a dodge 1/2 ton commandCMDCARa.jpgCMDCARb.jpg car?
2. would you sell your restored GPW to fund this restoration?
3. what would you sell or part with?
4. divorce is out of the question-too much invested lol

Bart

Looks like a nice stable of rigs and I like the addition. You'd better look for an old ambulance next so you can build some living quarters in it. Personally I think I would not sell the restored GPW to fund the project, but then again, I sale everything so the statement goes against the grain.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Added a 1941 command car to the family. Wife is going to be pissed! plenty of parking but too many vehicles. what to do? GPW WW2 parts jeep, GPW WW2 Jeep restored, rock crawler (Jeep), rock crawler Nissan Frontier, Chev pickup (tow rig), two army trailers.
1. where is the best place to get info and parts for a dodge 1/2 ton commandView attachment 93102View attachment 93103 car?
2. would you sell your restored GPW to fund this restoration?
3. what would you sell or part with?
4. divorce is out of the question-too much invested lol

There are lots of resources for info on the command car via Google. http://www.midwestmilitary.net/dodgewc13.html We owned 4 once, now down to just the one, but they are awesome.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Buy a dozen roses, go to a nice dinner, mention how much you appreciate your wife and that you know it must be hard to put up with a guy like you. Ask her if she would like a day at the spa.
Wins all around.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
I would like first dibs if she makes you sell it, It would fit right in with my Junk... Just sayin! :( Fabing the back could be a chore, but your welcome to come take some measurements..
577492_177788365759408_1231881140_n.jpg469024_3654637356876_1227284585_o.jpg10317683_10203620360641907_4235993993865998958_o.jpg

Last edited:

rondo

rondo
coloradomar.jpgsqueeze.jpgwow curt, awesome cmd car! didn't know you were in the hobby.

as to why I say I have too many vehicles, well um wifey says so and she is always right :) if I slim down the fleet, she will let me keep the cmd car. I intend to restore it back to its original glory. these are beautiful vehicles and the ultimate military find, minus maybe a tank or half track haha

GPW parts jeep is for sale, and I will likely part out or sell the frontier. this breaks my heart because I've had this rig since It was a year old. it's a 00 and by 01 it had a solid axle haha it's been a great rig but with a family there's no room in the back and they don't want to wheel in it :( dana 60s, ARBS, 4:1 tcase, it's got all the goodies. it's blasphemy but I bet the v6 and drivetrain would fit in the cmd car. it would be temporary until the original drivetrain could be rebuilt. hate to put a jap engine in a ww2 truck that fought them lol

Houndoc

Buy a dozen roses, go to a nice dinner, mention how much you appreciate your wife and that you know it must be hard to put up with a guy like you. Ask her if she would like a day at the spa.
Wins all around.

Best suggestion yet.

I hit the same situation with horses, bought a pair last year on a 'two-for-one' deal, with idea one would be retrained for a couple of months and then sold. Still with us a year later, and is usually my wife's horse of choice when we ride.