AF Canyon 6/13/03 - Merry Ellen Gulch

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Fun trail ride last night. We met up with the Cardall clan after following the nice signs they placed for us. We did the campfire gig to warm up. Few of us had to get back early Saturday morning for various things so we decided to head up Mary Ellen late last night.

Great trail, very pretty, not too hard but lots of fun...

Feared myself dead after a mine begain collapsing...

Cold drive home in the 40 at 4 am... :D

I'm sure you'll hear the rest from those that did it in the day...

jeff cardall

Banned
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Fun trail ride last night. We met up with the Cardall clan after following the nice signs they placed for us. We did the campfire gig to warm up. Few of us had to get back early Saturday morning for various things so we decided to head up Mary Ellen late last night.

Great trail, very pretty, not too hard but lots of fun...

Feared myself dead after a mine begain collapsing...

Cold drive home in the 40 at 4 am... :D

had tons of fun today went up to forest lake where we all played for awhile and the did the big see who can flex the most did several attemps with no prob THEN the wife wanted to try and she flex it to the max she went over onto the side and brad yates will have pics to follow im sure.he said he will put them all on.lots of fun and thanx to all those who came out:D :p

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

the saturday activities were the $hitt!!!!
i small flop fest, followed by playing in the mud...then a little rock garden action!!!
all in all a good day :D :D

shmoesmith

is a flop fest where we all grab jeff by the arms and leggs and toss him into the lake in bellyflop fashion? Because, if it is, include me in the flop fest next time!!!!!! Saturday was great, for once we didnt break a rig! tried to kill the samurai and heated up the clutch really good. Too bad we didnt have laundry line clips for everyones nose after i was done :) Chris was heating up his clutch pretty good at the rock garden too! guess we both be contacting glen for some 6.1's soon :) SOMEONE POST THE PICS!!!

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
oh man finally got it all done.
Forest Lake
Mineral Basin

We had an AWESOME time. it was a tad bit chilly especially after getting wet that night, but a good breakfast and plenty of mud more than made up for it :D i got homesick hitting that mud. and i'm still sick of my t-case ;)

shmoesmith

The pregnant rollerskate does need a SAS...however, we measured that rock and it was a 30" tall rock....I did have all 4 tires on the ground until i got outta the truck. As soon as I got out, the front driverside spring decided it was gonna decompress and lift everything else up with it :eek: it was really funny when i got out of the car and all of the suden the thing lifted up and started tipping. problem is I'm running springs built for a 4dr w/ a V6 engine and i'm 2dr with an itty bitty 4banger, so they are EXTREMELY stiff and it takes a good ammount of weight in the truck to get them to compress.....but hey, all and all, even with lifting the front right a few inches, 30" with IFS isnt bad at all!!!!!! Didnt take her throught the rock garden this week like I did last week, my cb radio mount was coming out and it was about to fall on my head :mad: and decided to not try and take our stock suspension sammy through the garden because we heated up the clutch pretty good getting intall the way into the rock garden and partially into it. GREAT TRIP!!! all who didnt go really missed out.

Originally posted by shmoesmith
The pregnant rollerskate does need a SAS...however, we measured that rock and it was a 30" tall rock....I did have all 4 tires on the ground until i got outta the truck. As soon as I got out, the front driverside spring decided it was gonna decompress and lift everything else up with it :eek: it was really funny when i got out of the car and all of the suden the thing lifted up and started tipping. problem is I'm running springs built for a 4dr w/ a V6 engine and i'm 2dr with an itty bitty 4banger, so they are EXTREMELY stiff and it takes a good ammount of weight in the truck to get them to compress.....but hey, all and all, even with lifting the front right a few inches, 30" with IFS isnt bad at all!!!!!! Didnt take her throught the rock garden this week like I did last week, my cb radio mount was coming out and it was about to fall on my head :mad: and decided to not try and take our stock suspension sammy through the garden because we heated up the clutch pretty good getting intall the way into the rock garden and partially into it. GREAT TRIP!!! all who didnt go really missed out.
Hey

Originally posted by ROLLOVER QUEEN
Hey
Sorry i was going to say. Hey u know that was deff. a fun trip. Sorry for thoose that missed out and hope to see u out there next time. That roll over was a deff. adrenaline rush! Loved every min.:)

Sorry wasn't able to stay for the rock garden again. Running twice last night was good for me, lets just hope the TJ stays together for the 1200 mile road trip. Anyway thanks for breakfast and it was a blast. Can't wait to do it again.

P.S. I'll post some Pics soon.