AF Canyon Night Run - July 10th, 2010

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I've never been on MB. I went with the NAXJA guys back in 07 but once we got to the rock garden, there was a long line because apparently someone broke and was stuck so we turned around and went elsewhere. I still remember the guy behind me saying "you know, there's some pretty big rocks up there".

Swoop69

I would like to join... havent been on any trails with my jeepster yet, and want to meet up with some local wheelers. I'll try to tie up the loose ends before then so I dont turn a fun night run into a "Lets fix a broken Jeepster in the dark" run...

jdub

Scrambler
The KJ should be able to make it fine. I like my 35's and lsd's for the trail but I have seen less built rigs up there do fine.

sixstringsteve

I would like to join... havent been on any trails with my jeepster yet, and want to meet up with some local wheelers. I'll try to tie up the loose ends before then so I dont turn a fun night run into a "Lets fix a broken Jeepster in the dark" run...

Sweet. Yeah, I think we'd all like to have a night with zero breakage. I have 4 seats in my truck if anyone decides their rig isn't ready in time but they still want to come along.

sixstringsteve

I've never been on MB. I went with the NAXJA guys back in 07 but once we got to the rock garden, there was a long line because apparently someone broke and was stuck so we turned around and went elsewhere. I still remember the guy behind me saying "you know, there's some pretty big rocks up there".

Don't take it personally, he just hadn't seen you wheel. You've got to admit that most guys in JK's don't wheel, and don't really know what they're getting into (not meant to be an anti-jeep statement). He probably just assumed you have never wheeled before. you'll definitely want sliders for Mineral Basin, but you can do it. When are you going to get lockers in that thing?

Grim

JL , you did logan peak via providence canyon last year , youll do fine on M.B. , the rock garden is not that long , just have a good spotter

DewYota

I'll be there steve. I gotta see this. Im not saying JL cant do it, just it'll be fun to watch.
I've done the trail in a bone stock tacoma on 31's before, so it is possible, but that was while the trail was dry... the runner struggled one time during a rainstorm, and theres a lot of run off still i bet.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I'm mostly concerned about my bald tires than anthing else. New tires took a back seat to my trailer build.

Last edited:

01XJ

Unless it has changed majorly i since the end of last year Mineral basin is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I took my XJ with a 2" budget boost lift and 31's that were so bald they looked like street slicks and open F/R and no sliders and had zero issues going thru the rock garden and stuff and it was even wet. Its all about the line you choose. You can get a stock rig open F/R thru with no problems IMO:confused:

sixstringsteve

Unless it has changed majorly i since the end of last year Mineral basin is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I took my XJ with a 2" budget boost lift and 31's that were so bald they looked like street slicks and open F/R and no sliders and had zero issues going thru the rock garden and stuff and it was even wet. Its all about the line you choose. You can get a stock rig open F/R thru with no problems IMO:confused:

I agree. JL will be fine. I just don't want 30 stock rigs to show up and have one get hi-centered so we all have to wait. Not like 30 rigs would ever come out to a wheeling trip, but you can always hope :)