AF Canyon singletrack day/weekend.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We need to put together an AF Canyon singletrack riding day... spend some time poking around the Ridge Trail and many of it's off shoots. Good riders & smaller bikes preferred, no 650's... guess I better find a different bike. :rofl: I could borrow the wife's TTR250 I suppose.

I haven't ridden any AF Canyon at all this year and would really like to get my fix on tight, fun trails.

Date, Time and Place!-

Sunday, September 26th, 9 AM at the Tibble Fork parking lot.

Caleb

I was just up there riding today...super fun. I can't do Labor day (I'm on-call), but don't let that stop the planning. :)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
We need to put together an AF Canyon singletrack riding day...

Tell me where to sign bud! :cool:

I'm also out for Labor Day--I'll be riding in the Bad Lands. Count me in though I haven't been to AF yet, but I'm a sucker for single track and the forest :greg:

Greg

Admin
I was just up there riding today...super fun. I can't do Labor day (I'm on-call), but don't let that stop the planning. :)

AF Canyon has some of my most favorite singletrack! I figured riding 2 weekends back to back might not be the best suggestion, but the holiday weekend sounded pretty good. If it doesn't work for you, we'll find something that does.

Tell me where to sign bud! :cool:

I'm also out for Labor Day--I'll be riding in the Bad Lands. Count me in though I haven't been to AF yet, but I'm a sucker for single track and the forest :greg:

Sign right here!!

So Labor Day is out.... you guys have any suggested dates? NPLD is Saturday, Sept 25th. Perhaps the Sunday following NPLD?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I might be up for the Sunday after NPLD. I gotta figure out the logistics of getting my bike up there as I'll be up there in my 40 starting Friday afternoon.

Caleb

I should be able to do the Sunday after NPLD. For me, Labor Day week is out (on-call) and the week after is out (I'll be in Boston for training) other than that, I should be able to make pretty much any time work.

Greg

Admin
I might be up for the Sunday after NPLD. I gotta figure out the logistics of getting my bike up there as I'll be up there in my 40 starting Friday afternoon.

Don't you have a receiver hitch carrier for the bike? Could the FJ40 haul it that way? It would be fun to finally ride with you Kurt.

I should be able to do the Sunday after NPLD. For me, Labor Day week is out (on-call) and the week after is out (I'll be in Boston for training) other than that, I should be able to make pretty much any time work.

Sounds good, I think the day after NPLD will give everyone enough time to plan for the trip. It works for me because we will be up in Utah County already.

We may camp up AF Canyon on Saturday, do a little riding Saturday after NPLD, camp them meet up with everyone on Sunday morning.

I may be in. Get a time and date

September 26th, 9 AM at the Tibble Fork parking lot.

Caleb

Sounds good to me. Anyone have directions for someone who has never been there before?

Take the Highland/Alpine exit off I-15, head East...pay the booth ($6), then head straight up the canyon. When you come to the fork for Alpine loop or Tibble Fork, take the left fork (Tibble Fork) and continue up that till you reach the parking lot at the lake. It's very easy to find.

rholbrook

Just a question...Isn't there anything in the single track arena somewhere out near 5 mile or Wendover or?????? Just asking. I have never been up AF and would be game but if everyone is at NPLD, why not go out little farther towards Wendover.

Caleb

Just a question...Isn't there anything in the single track arena somewhere out near 5 mile or Wendover or?????? Just asking. I have never been up AF and would be game but if everyone is at NPLD, why not go out little farther towards Wendover.
There's lots of trails out in the desert, the problem is most are not well known or documented so it makes it tough to really plan a ride out there. Sometimes when I'm going out to ride that area I'll find an awesome trail to follow and sometimes I'll get skunked.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I used to ride an old hare and hound course near Kelton... It was one of the best loops I have found in the area, but the last time I went there the last half had no access markers posted :( There is a ton of riding out West towards the Pilot range, Hogup range and Grouse Creek, but I have not found much for designated single track :-\ I'm sure its there, but you have to stumble upon it and sometimes you get lucky.

Greg

Admin

Me personally, the desert is great... but I get enough of that here. AF Canyon has some amazing high-mountain singletrack, plenty of riding to fill a day or 2. I love riding AF Canyon and would really like to get up there before Winter sets in.

Getting from 5 Mile Pass to AF Canyon is simple enough, just on opposite East-West sides of the Valley.

Greg

Admin
Ok guys, this is happening THIS SUNDAY! It's right around the corner, I'll be there no matter what, even if I'm riding on my own. I hope to see a few other RME'ers up there too! :D

Caleb

I'm hoping to be there. I've got new tires and tubes showing up tomorrow, oil's changed, air filter is cleaned, and I'm ready to ride :D (Haven't rode since our Moab trip)