AF Canyon singletrack day/weekend.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Yeah, that spot is super sketchy, even then, the pics don't do it ANY justice. Crazy thing is that I've ridden a DR650 over it before! Don't ask me what I was thinking... that ride kicked my ass, way too much bike for up there.

Is that the time you and I were there in the summer of '08?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
What do you guy's think about planning a similar ride this year?

I'm all for it! It will be awhile before AF Canyon is open for riding, but if we have someone local that will let us know when it's good to go, I'd be more than happy to put together another RME ride up there. I love, love AF Canyon riding!

Is that the time you and I were there in the summer of '08?

Yeah, when I almost lost my 650 down the mountain... :rofl: That was a rough ride, it was dumb to take the DR650 up there, but it was all I had!

With this WR450, I should be much better prepared to ride AF Canyon.

Caleb

I'd be in for an AFC RME ride as well. I'll be glad to keep everyone updated on the riding conditions :p I'm getting anxious to get up there.

So tell me about Hobble Creek. Where is it and what kind of riding is there? Camping nearby?

plaidfro

So tell me about Hobble Creek. Where is it and what kind of riding is there? Camping nearby?

Hobble Creek is the main canyon East of Springville, UT. Going about 4 miles up the Right Fork most rides will start at Kirkham Hollow. There are some good youtube vids of the sweet single track available in Hobble Creek.

[YOUTUBE]EXWqNyoqaWw[/YOUTUBE]

We typically ride Up Kirkham Hollow, Down Sawmill Hollow, Over to the Center Line Trail at Two Tom Hill from 6th water over to 2nd water. Then Down to Cottonwood Canyon which has turned out to be my favorite trail. Loads of single track... the terrain is that nice mountainy dirt.. not the brutal rocky trails that many single tracks have.

[YOUTUBE]Qs4h-HvTazM[/YOUTUBE]

There are two Forest service campgrounds on the road in the canyon: Cherry & Balsam. My In-laws have some property up a canyon up the left Fork of Hobble Creek that we could have base camp at if needed.