American fork canyon?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Come on Caleb it's been warm for a week so it most be opening soon....! It's funny you know that it's going to happen it's just a matter of time. You know we should start a pool in the winter of when the first post is going to be made.

sixstringsteve

Assuming the trails are open, I'm guessing half the state of Utah will be up there on Memorial Day.

Last edited:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
The FS had planned on taking a trip up on May 12th to survey the damage on Mineral Basin from the winter, the they were going to take a few from our club up on the 15th to take an inventory of damage so we can start planning projects, but with all the recent rains and snow, they cancelled both trips.

My bet is you should be patient.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
they were going to take a few from our club up on the 15th to take an inventory of damage so we can start planning projects,

Put up a holler if you need more warm bodies when it comes time. Our club has been looking for service projects and we'd love to come help out once you know what needs doing and when.

zukijames

My guess is the gate is open , most trails are closed.

i found my last years pass and it was purchased in may..

and I know maddie and I went riding up there Labor Day but just on the main road

rockwell

I just called the ranger district a minute ago. The ranger said the Alpine loop will be open for memorial day. He was up at the creek crossing to forest lake last week and there was still two feet of snow, but they are still hoping to open it by memorial day or very shortly after. It just might be tough going til the snow is gone. As for mineral basin, he also checked that last week and said same thing, but 4 feet of snow. Lets keep our fingers crossed! Hope this helped.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I just called the ranger district a minute ago. The ranger said the Alpine loop will be open for memorial day. He was up at the creek crossing to forest lake last week and there was still two feet of snow, but they are still hoping to open it by memorial day or very shortly after. It just might be tough going til the snow is gone. As for mineral basin, he also checked that last week and said same thing, but 4 feet of snow. Lets keep our fingers crossed! Hope this helped.

Yup, fingers crossed that they will not open it until the trails have dried out. Soggy spring trails equals TONS of damage. Hopefully they don't open them until mid June at the earliest.

sixstringsteve

i plan on hiking Forest Lake this weekend. I'll post up some pics when I'm back.

Yup, fingers crossed that they will not open it until the trails have dried out. Soggy spring trails equals TONS of damage. Hopefully they don't open them until mid June at the earliest.

Agreed. Hopefully people don't run them 'till they're open.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93

Well put Stephen, I wish people would be a little more patient about heading up the canyon.