American fork canyon?

zukijames

I helped as much as I could . I was on my bike and wearing motor cycle boots

let them borrow my crescent wrench and tried to help dig .
i explained how going off trail causes trail closures

Troop92

That's rough. Reminds me to count my blessings.

Agreed.

I helped as much as I could . I was on my bike and wearing motor cycle boots, let them borrow my crescent wrench and tried to help dig .
i explained how going off trail causes trail closures

Nice, man. I'm sure they were grateful even for that gesture. Were they far enough back that nobody would be along to help?

zukijames

Agreed.

Nice, man. I'm sure they were grateful even for that gesture. Were they far enough back that nobody would be along to help?

they had been there 3 hours and i was the first to show up.. 30 mins after i got to them a guy in a 660 rhino with a small rope came along.. but it wasnt moving that 2wd beast..

the guy did have a front drive line.. it took him about 40 mins to find it.. and was missing a cap.. then he lost the other cap..

tried to put it on with out caps and a rachet strap..he forgot to mention he only had 2 bolts for the straps so 1 bolt per strap..

eventually the guy with the rhino headed down and got his tow rig ..

i didnt see anyone else coming up on my way down i have a feeling if it wasnt for that guy going and getting his tow rig they would have spent the night there

it was at the end of my trail on this( not the end at tibble fork lol but up FR 085
http://alltrails.com/tracks/1st-up-af

sixstringsteve

So that was up there towards pole line pass?

I saw that same rig a week and a half ago. He must have still been in his 14 day stay limit.

jp008

We did Mary Ellen Gulch, and Forest Lake. Forest Lake was a little wet. The OHV's I've seen up there use the Wide Open Throttle theory. It kinda pisses me off. I had an ATV with rider and dog pass me on Forest Lake because I was taking my time and staying away from the mud. (ew....just ew) The tree area just before the lake is horrible. The rut (big ass mud hole) would have easily swallowed my rig. Mary Ellen was great until I got to the zig zaggy road at the top. There was snow covering the road. A lot of patients and thought need to be taken into consideration when running any trail, dry or wet. FILE0100.jpg This pic is the gulch looking down. Pic was taken on Wed.

Last edited: