Another buggy project

Bart

Quick update. I got back from SC and spent the day out to Aaron's house in Tooele. He did the exhaust while I was gone and is doing the skids. Yesterday we worked out a bad problem I had with the front driveline. The buggy is still there but I will be picking it up tonight. I lost the help I was going to get tomorrow on getting the motor started, so I'm going to tackle it myself this weekend. It looks pretty straight forward and the wires are clearly marked, my only questions will be incorporating the two wiring harnesses together, with the switch panel I got from 12 Volt guy. I'll have pics up sometime Sunday, hopefully. Gotta run.

Crinco

I am guessing the manifold showed up then if your having the exhaust done? Maybe Kiel could help you out with the wiring since he's not craming to get his done :D
Good luck with the wiring and starting Bart, I've got my fingers crossed for ya!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Hooker? I'm easy but I don't charge. :p

Where do you live from Aaron?

I was just kidding. I'm way on the south end of Tooele. :D Hey, wait a minute, you go that way to get home. Ok, stop by next time. :D

1002 W. 740 S. 700s. is the next main street past the Go-Fer. Turn right, go to the second stop sign, turn left, then right (onto 740), go to the end of the block, see parts piles. Stop. :D

Bart

Went to pick the buggy up Friday night and the CPS on the truck stranded me at the Point or the Mountain. Spent yesterday morning getting it to the dealer so they'd do the recall work. I will carry a spare in the glove box like most SDT owners do from now on.

Picked up the buggy and the exhaust and skid plates look fantastic. Aaron also redid the front driveline mount and installing the rebuilt (by CRS) driveline, yes the one I just bought from Tom Woods. The way it was before it only had 6 inches of travel in the front axle before it was binding up. Now it good for almost the whole length of travel and will need just a bit of grinding to clear it all the way. That's a big load off my mind. Hauled it to another friend and he helped me get it to where I could crank it over with the starter. I messed up one of the posts on the fuel pump so it was needing more work before I could start it. Played with it last night, and then again today.

Bart

It's alive

Got the rest of the wiring figured out this morning and changed a couple things we did last night. Put the O2 sensors in and hooked up the battery. Primed the fuel pump a few times until I heard it pressure up. Tightened a couple of joints I'd forgotten.

Hit the starter and it fired up with a second. Runs like a champ. I'm so stoked. There are a million things left to do the biggies are finished. Wooohoooooo, I'm excited.

How very exciting!! :tara: I know when Chris brought Lemon Joy back from the dead after her engine swap, hearing her roar to life was simply the best. Of course, I burst into tears, but I'm guessing you weren't quite that moved by your moment. :rofl:

Bart

How very exciting!! :tara: I know when Chris brought Lemon Joy back from the dead after her engine swap, hearing her roar to life was simply the best. Of course, I burst into tears, but I'm guessing you weren't quite that moved by your moment. :rofl:

Actually, it was close to the same for me. Had my family standing out there watching and got a big cheer. It was a great feeling.

(Breaking for lunch)

Working on the dash so I can mount the gauges, switch panel, and shifter.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Congrats Bart, that's too cool. I still remember firing my first V8 to Jeep engine swap, it's such a feeling of accomplishment to hear it running. :cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Went to pick the buggy up Friday night and the CPS on the truck stranded me at the Point or the Mountain. Spent yesterday morning getting it to the dealer so they'd do the recall work. I will carry a spare in the glove box like most SDT owners do from now on........

I've got at least one extra if you need one in the future.