Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Join the revolution and buy a JT

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have seen it as early as 50k and I want to say its roughly a $3000 repair. There is also a HUGE class action against FCA for the valvetrain issues. There is tons of info on it on the google if you want to inform yourself a little more
Buy a JL you say, avoid 2.0 you say 😂 Ryan says this as I’m going to check out a JL

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Buy a JL you say, avoid 2.0 you say 😂 Ryan says this as I’m going to check out a JL
I wouldn’t want the 2.0 either.

Incidentally, the reason we ended up with a Gladiator is because Lory won’t drive a diesel, and I didn’t want any of the electro-funko assisted motors. The JT was the only option to fit that bill.

Agility Customs

Vendor
If I was buying a JL I would buy the 4xe or the 2.0 without the e-torque. I have driven a ton of JLs and I just love them and I am willing to deal with the issues that come with them.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
If you decide to go with a Jl, I would highly recommend that you look for one that has the option of LED headlights and fog lights if possible.

The factory headlights on my JK were terrible and I upgraded to aftermarket LED's, but even they weren't great.

The factory LED headlights on the Jl and JT are amazing, they put out so much light and it's easier/safer to drive in the dark.
Can confirm. My current JT has aftermarket LED’s, previous one had factory. Factory is more better.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Can confirm. My current JT has aftermarket LED’s, previous one had factory. Factory is more better.

I'm fairly sure mine has the peasant (aka 14 bolt) lights. I've been reasonably happy with them but I'm comparing them to a '72 Buick T3 headlight so I'm sure that's not even in the same league

If you decide to go with a Jl, I would highly recommend that you look for one that has the option of LED headlights and fog lights if possible.

The factory headlights on my JK were terrible and I upgraded to aftermarket LED's, but even they weren't great.

The factory LED headlights on the Jl and JT are amazing, they put out so much light and it's easier/safer to drive in the dark.
I'll just echo Greg's statement here. The factory LED setup on the 2023 rubicon is quite possibly the best factory lighting I have seen on a vehicle. The only problem with it is that after experiencing it, we have had to create extensive plans to try to upgrade the lighting on every other vehicle we own!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I concur. I gave the same advice to my BIL when he was ordering his new truck. Get factory LED's, it's worth the $

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If I was buying a JL I would buy the 4xe or the 2.0 without the e-torque. I have driven a ton of JLs and I just love them and I am willing to deal with the issues that come with them.
Oh yeah if anyone is Christmas shopping for me, I’m a size turquoise 4xe.

What’s the deal with the 4xe and why is it so much better? One near budget talking with stealership about making it closer to budget

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
What’s the deal with the 4xe and why is it so much better? One near budget talking with stealership about making it closer to budget
It’s a pretty standard plug-in hybrid situation. Uncle Sam rebate included. It has the electric motor on the top of the engine that basically acts like a supercharger and a generator. Then it has a motor in the transmission as well. You can switch to electric mode and cruise around for a bit. I just think it’s a cool compromise and the idea of being all electric on the trail with zero engine noise is neat.

Edit: it has the 2.0 turbo

Agility Customs

Vendor

They are really fast in hybrid mode, 35ish mile range in 100% electric mode and overall just a cool option.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Well mistakes were made..... now a Jeep owner again. Went in a slightly different direction. Wife and I have always wanted a 2 door to cruise in the summer so thats what we ended up with. Its about as base of a base model as you can get (which I wanted) if it wasn't a Rubicon. Basically got the stealership to sell it to me for trade in value so I said yes. Once I saw how easy it was to rip out the rear seat and how much room it left I was 98% sold on a 2 door. Then when I drove it and found its not nearly as wiggly as the old short wheelbases I got the other 2%.

Now to give Ryan @Agility Customs the rest of my savings to make it moar betta

Was cheap enough I may still keep the 4runner, depends if I can get someone to pay me a stupid amount for it. Then I can afford air lockers and gears.

Jeep.jpeg

Agility Customs

Vendor
Well mistakes were made..... now a Jeep owner again. Went in a slightly different direction. Wife and I have always wanted a 2 door to cruise in the summer so thats what we ended up with. Its about as base of a base model as you can get (which I wanted) if it wasn't a Rubicon. Basically got the stealership to sell it to me for trade in value so I said yes. Once I saw how easy it was to rip out the rear seat and how much room it left I was 98% sold on a 2 door. Then when I drove it and found its not nearly as wiggly as the old short wheelbases I got the other 2%.

Was cheap enough I may still keep the 4runner, depends if I can get someone to pay me a stupid amount for it. Then I can afford air lockers and gears.

View attachment 167201
I LOOOVE 2 doors!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

View attachment 167201
This will be very cool!